Ubiquiti Edgeswitch ES-16-XG

mineblaster
7 hours ago, mineblaster said:

anyone got there hands on one of these haven't seen anything much in the way of reviews are they any good.

https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgeswitch-16-xg/

https://www.servethehome.com/ubiquiti-edgeswitch-es-16-xg-review-quality-control-absent/

Far as I am aware they are only on paper in terms of availability and sale. I am also looking at getting one, pending reviews and much closer inspection of the manual, but all stocks are empty and suppliers can't get them yet either.

@Windspeed36 will be able to give us more up to date information on it's status.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Far as I am aware they are only on paper in terms of availability and sale. I am also looking at getting one, pending reviews and much closer inspection of the manual, but all stocks are empty and suppliers can't get them yet either.

@Windspeed36 will be able to give us more up to date information on it's status.

ive been looking for more ports. its been hard to chose what get 10gbe with my 24G-2s-RM

ps that rebuild is still going

4 minutes ago, mineblaster said:

ive been looking for more ports. its been hard to chose what get 10gbe with my 24G-2s-RM

ps that rebuild is still going

Yea it's a nice switch with a good amount of ports for a very low new price, I also like that is has SFP+ and 10GBase-T ports as I need both. I'll probably end up buying a used AT x900-24XS off an old client from my previous job, completely different class switch though as it was ~$24k new but it's been replaced now and isn't even used.

Also wow I knew that rebuild was going to take a while but LOL at it still running.

10 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yea it's a nice switch with a good amount of ports for a very low new price, I also like that is has SFP+ and 10GBase-T ports as I need both. I'll probably end up buying a used AT x900-24XS off an old client from my previous job, completely different class switch though as it was ~$24k new but it's been replaced now and isn't even used.

Also wow I knew that rebuild was going to take a while but LOL at it still running.

its at 93% ive been waiting for it plex hasent been a happy camper

plus i derped the other day and got an r2 key instead of an just server 2012 one

11 hours ago, leadeater said:

They're available to order? Yes. 

Does ubiquiti have stock globally? No - production is currently terrible for most of the EdgeSwitch lineup.