Unpopular Opinion Thread

1 minute ago, divided_throwaway said:

What is its' fate, at least outside of mobile since 2D games plague that platform?

Tell us, self-proclaimed 80s/90s kid.

I was referring to 3D TV/Film/Movies, it was superhyped for 2-3 years and every manufacturer pushed and pushed but noone actually cared. 

8 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

I was referring to 3D TV/Film/Movies, it was superhyped for 2-3 years and every manufacturer pushed and pushed but noone actually cared. 

I think 3D can be great, but mind you only in IMAX on fully "digital movies" and docmentaries. And then only on some of them. Avengers were quite good, Transformers 3 were a visual delight, Pirates of the Caribbean were same as 2D, cartoons are awesome, and documentaries are also great, or so I've been told, and so on. It really depends. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I think 3D can be great, but mind you only in IMAX on fully "digital movies" and docmentaries. And then only on some of them. Avengers were quite good, Transformers 3 were a visual delight, Pirates of the Caribbean were same as 2D, cartoons are awesom, and docimentsries are also great, or so I've been told, and so on. It really depends. 

Agreed, I saw TF3 in real IMAX and loved it, but I think that's where 3D should have always stayed - in a huge IMAX screen. 3D in the lounge on a comparatively small tv and shitty inbuilt speakers always seemed destined to fail. 

I'm a gamer and I love trackballs and cheap keyboards.

5e258e406c3a54e26f556b694625708be1ce8dad

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

"Headward, free now to rise." - Principal Vagina

O, and cell phones should do three things make calls, receive calls and not break when I drop them.

My Build:https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/795406-mini-itx-build/   PSU TIER LIST

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." - Issac Asimov

9 minutes ago, xitywampas said:

O, and cell phones should do three things make calls, receive calls and not break when I drop them.

If those are your only needs, there are plenty of phones that do only just that. Why not give people more options if they want? It's not like they stopped producing normal phones because smartphones are here. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

imo windows 7 is better than windows 8 and 10

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

12 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

If those are your only needs, there are plenty of phones that do only just that. Why not give people more options if they want? It's not like they stopped producing normal phones because smartphones are here. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/10/tech/san-francisco-shooter-phone/

All the recent FPS games coming out feels the same but with more pew pew 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I like plain green pcbs with no ram heatspreaders, no leds and just plain chips on them. Nothing fancy, nothing to "improve" looks. Also I love the old school cases with that white/yellow colour, especially those that were sitting horizontally.

I would rather have triple monitors instead of VR... Unless of course the headset is cheap enough to use just for my favourite funny cat videos (euphemism)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

8 minutes ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

I like plain green pcbs with no ram heatspreaders, no leds and just plain chips on them. Nothing fancy, nothing to "improve" looks. Also I love the old school cases with that white/yellow colour, especially those that were sitting horizontally.

Oh I think the colour you are looking for is beige? :) Loads are on eBay if you look hard enough

Image result for beige pc case

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

CX power supplies aren't bad

Seagate isn't bad either

I'm quite disappointed  with pascal ( and to some extent polaris ) 

CMT isn't necessarily a bad way to design chips , as long as you do it well

My money is on FD SOI rather than FinFet

I don't care about new node shrinks on cpu's.

Fiji and hawaii were engineering marvels

A 10 year old PC is still perfectly usable , provided it has enough ram

Dothan was better than netburst 

Excavator is an impressive architecture.

I think etched silicon wafers are beautiful 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't think anyone but diehard PC users would disagree with you.

macOS is just UNIX with a fancy shell and fudged up keyboard shortcuts :D

You'd be surprised 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

You'd be surprised 

I dunno, the general consensus I get is:

• If they don't really care about technology, they're indifferent
  • If they're a PC gamer, anything Apple is "lolwot"
  • If they're a Linux user, probably the same deal as a PC gamer
  • If they're a computer enthusiast, they have some informed opinion on it.

7 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Oh I think the colour you are looking for is beige? :) Loads are on eBay if you look hard enough

Image result for beige pc case

I'm not feeling like modding it to fit modern components though

1 minute ago, HeadsUpHigh said:

I'm not feeling like modding it to fit modern components though

Yeah, that's a fair enough comment. I agree :) 

My Rig:

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I dunno, the general consensus I get is:

• If they don't really care about technology, they're indifferent
  • If they're a PC gamer, anything Apple is "lolwot"
  • If they're a Linux user, probably the same deal as a PC gamer
  • If they're a computer enthusiast, they have some informed opinion on it.

I agree with all of them except about Linux users... Linux is now my daily driver and I prefer it compared to Windows now. And actually, gaming on Linux isn't that much of a big deal tbh... Nothing harsh said :) 

My Rig:

Windows phone really isn't that bad.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I do not mind Norton Anti Virus at all.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

People who have a white colour scheme for their PC want to look special and be considered mature. xD

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

17 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

People who have a white colour scheme for their PC want to look special and be considered mature. xD

People who want a black or dark color scheme are just trying to be edgy and cool :3

Only exception: text editors. Darker lower contrast color schemes are nice on the eyes.