Please help me - cooling idea needed

belfouf

Hello community.

I own a NZXT S340 case and just like many users my hard drives have a tendency to heat (between 45 and 50°C when gaming)

I would like to find an idea to prevent that but only have 1 option at the moment, and I don't like it.

this is the case (see pics) from cable management side, with and without cables, with a close up on HDD tray. I have less than 1cm deep between case and front panel, less than 120mm height to put a fan behind (and there are numerous cables). I use it fully (have two hard drives)

at the moment I was thinking of buying Antec Spot Cool fan but I read online it doesn't last long (and it's really ugly)

would anyone have an idea on how to do it ?

thank you very much

NZXT_S340_SE_interieur_arriere-1016x1024.jpg

NZXT_S340_SE_interieur_dd_3_5-1024x657.jpg

NZXT_S340_SE_interieur_montage2-998x1024.jpg

NZXT-S340-HDD-mount.jpg

Unless the temperature is causing any actually issues, I wouldn't worry about it. Hard drives are designed to be passively cooled. If there really is an issue, just add more/better case fans. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

45 to 50c is still reasonable but if you wanted to promote some airflow as you mentioned putting a fan to draw air across the drives or force it between the two drive spaces isn't a bad idea. If you just want a quick simple solution a couple of zip ties will do the job.