About Python

adelhied

Can you give some IDE that you actually use in developing python? and can you tell me your perspective on python is this a scripting language to use for the web or can I also develop some desktop application using this? anything you want to say on python say it here I want knowledge I'm new to it and when I took a little good around with it, it seems very good.

Hey man,

so if you just search Python IDE there will be plenty that get returned. The python community maintain a wiki of IDEs here: https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments
S
ome are mods of current IDEs with python support, others are strictly built for python, but I can't give you too much info as I tend to stick to Sublime Text and the console environment for my python development.

I started Python in my first year of university version 2.* and we built a couple of basic games using the PyGame package, and later built actual desktop applications using the tkinter python GUI framework, so no it's not just a web scripting language, though it is perfect as such to replace PHP in my opinion, as python is vastly popular and growing in every aspect.

I'm currently getting back into python and learning the newer versions (currently Python 3.4) while studying for my PhD as, once you get into it, you can do so much with all the available packages, as WELL as being able to transfer your desktop programming skills to web development, and you can even build your own extensions using C if you know the language.

I think it is by far the best place to begin programming as the skills you learn in python are transferable to other languages, while leaving some of the more difficult stuff behind the scenes. 

Hey man,

so if you just search Python IDE there will be plenty that get returned. The python community maintain a wiki of IDEs here: https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

Some are mods of current IDEs with python support, others are strictly built for python, but I can't give you too much info as I tend to stick to Sublime Text and the console environment for my python development.

I started Python in my first year of university version 2.* and we built a couple of basic games using the PyGame package, and later built actual desktop applications using the tkinter python GUI framework, so no it's not just a web scripting language, though it is perfect as such to replace PHP in my opinion, as python is vastly popular and growing in every aspect.

I'm currently getting back into python and learning the newer versions (currently Python 3.4) while studying for my PhD as, once you get into it, you can do so much with all the available packages, as WELL as being able to transfer your desktop programming skills to web development, and you can even build your own extensions using C if you know the language.

I think it is by far the best place to begin programming as the skills you learn in python are transferable to other languages, while leaving some of the more difficult stuff behind the scenes. 

I fully agree. I had similar experience. 

Python was the first language we used in university and it's an excellent language to start with. We made a few desktop mini games using it and it was a ton of fun.

I've since had to use a large variety of other languages on various projects I've worked on over the years and honestly I spend a lot of time wishing we were using Python. This article is an interesting read:

http://lukeplant.me.uk/blog/posts/why-learning-haskell-python-makes-you-a-worse-programmer/

As for web development frameworks like Django make working with python a breeze 

I do most of my coursework in Java bu when i get the chance to work with python I enjoy it. As far as development I use eclipse with the PyDev plugin, its great since I am already familiar with eclipse from java.

I don't always indent my code but when I do, I do it in Python.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads