Bolodin

So I built my PC 4 years ago and upgraded some components later on, my specs:

CPU: Athlon X4 845 @ 3,9 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H

GPU: HD 7870 @ 1185 GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR3 16GB

PSU: Corsair CX650M

a Sandisk SSD and a normal HDD...

Now to my problem: I used to play games like Battlefield 3 and 4 or some MMORPGs on 1920x1200 and got around 50-60 FPS so i didn't really care that much, so i bought a 1440p Monitor and thought im gonna be able to play games in 30 FPS at least.

After a while I noticed that gaming in 1440p was a pretty bad idea so i decided to turn settings down to 1080p, when i realised the crappy performance of 20 FPS on low didn't really change. In fact it wouldnn't change much, even if i went down to 800x600...

I thought it could be a CPU bottleneck maybe because the X4 845 is pretty much as low as it gets, but then I did some research and saw that even the x4 845 paired with an rx 460 can run games in 1080p smoothly. 

And now I sit here wondering what to do.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Bolodin said:

So I built my PC 4 years ago and upgraded some components later on, my specs:

CPU: Athlon X4 845 @ 3,9 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H

GPU: HD 7870 @ 1185 GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR3 16GB

PSU: Corsair CX650M

a Sandisk SSD and a normal HDD...

Now to my problem: I used to play games like Battlefield 3 and 4 or some MMORPGs on 1920x1200 and got around 50-60 FPS so i didn't really care that much, so i bought a 1440p Monitor and thought im gonna be able to play games in 30 FPS at least.

After a while I noticed that gaming in 1440p was a pretty bad idea so i decided to turn settings down to 1080p, when i realised the crappy performance of 20 FPS on low didn't really change. In fact it wouldnn't change much, even if i went down to 800x600...

I thought it could be a CPU bottleneck maybe because the X4 845 is pretty much as low as it gets, but then I did some research and saw that even the x4 845 paired with an rx 460 can run games in 1080p smoothly. 

And now I sit here wondering what to do.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

why did you ever think that 1440p was going to be a good idea? not meaning to come off as mean but that seems so random

try tweaking the settings like anisotropic filtering or textures, resolution should be the last setting to turn down IMO  :3

1 minute ago, asapansh said:

why did you ever think that 1440p was going to be a good idea? not meaning to come off as mean but that seems so random

that is a good question, I wanted to have more visual space for normal work and also an IPS panel because my old monitor's TN was annoying me pretty badly so i decided to buy a good looking monitor wirh a higher resolution. I wasn't really thinking about gaming performance.

2 minutes ago, TiberiusMoon said:

try tweaking the settings like anisotropic filtering or textures, resolution should be the last setting to turn down IMO  :3

As I said, everthing is always down to the lowest possible setting in all resolutions.