Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 upgrade?

So i have an Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4" Tablet. It gets a bit slow at times and a few other problems. The main one is that it overheats and then get's its self in a boot loop. Anyway i've been looking at some upgrades. I still want around an 8" tablet with Micro SD Card slot and a fairly high resolution screen. I've been looking at Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet. Any other ideas, used or new for around under £300 would be good.

15 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

So i have an Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4" Tablet. It gets a bit slow at times and a few other problems. The main one is that it overheats and then get's its self in a boot loop. Anyway i've been looking at some upgrades. I still want around an 8" tablet with Micro SD Card slot and a fairly high resolution screen. I've been looking at Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet. Any other ideas, used or new for around under £300 would be good.

The tablet market is mostly dead on Android. Even Google doesn't want to make many tablets.

If you're open to Windows tablets (they run full Windows), there are some nice 8" Windows tablets by Dell and other companies.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The tablet market is mostly dead on Android. Even Google doesn't want to make many tablets.

If you're open to Windows tablets (they run full Windows), there are some nice 8" Windows tablets by Dell and other companies.

Hmm yeh i was thinking this. Nothing big for android tablets has come out in a while and yeh. Windows tablets would be fine this my main use for this tablet is Youtube and video watching and streaming. Infact windows would be better as i could do some word processing too. Can you give me the name or link me to one of these dell ones you talk of.

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's funny, I was just thinking about the Xoom the other day, and I think the Motorola Xoom truly represents what the Android tablet market was/is. 

@lukesterboy A used Surface 3 maybe? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's funny, I was just thinking about the Xoom the other day, and I think the Motorola Xoom truly represents what the Android tablet market was/is. 

@lukesterboy A used Surface 3 maybe? 

Yeh, was just looking at the Surfaces on ebay. Seem a good price plus you get a keyboard with it already essentally. Might go with one of those then.

43 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

nvidia shiled

the screen is not high res though

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

3 minutes ago, crysilis said:

nvidia shiled

the screen is not high res though

What? It's a gaming tablet and offer no productivity at all