Please school me on liquid cooling, ASAP

Canada EH

So if I buy a X58 motherboard, and its LGA-1366 do I need a specific cooler that wont fit anything else?

The reason I ask is, I dont want to drop $100 of something that just fits one style, I want something I can swap to a 1151, or a 1150.

I guess the term is generic liquid cooler.

What are the best brands to buy?

• Corsair
  • NZXT
  • DEEPCOOL
  • Thermaltake
  • Cooler Master
  • LEPA
  • Alphacool
  • Antec
  • ARCTIC COOLING
  • Enermax
  • Intel
  • Phobya

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

So if I buy a X58 motherboard, and its LGA-1366 do I need a specific cooler that wont fit anything else?

The reason I ask is, I dont want to drop $100 of something that just fits one style, I want something I can swap to a 1151, or a 1150.

all of them have mounting brackets for intel and amd sockets
anything released in the last decade is covered. 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Are you asking about an All In One cooler, people like Coolermaster And Corsair make, or a fully custom loop?

If you want an All In One, check the specification.

If it says  Sockets Supported : Bleh Bleh Bleh, 1366, Bleh Bleh, you are good.

Just as long as it also fits in your case

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

OK so size of radiator, material of radiator, no mixed metals, size of fan, brand of fan.

Is that all I am looking at for quality?

It's called an AiO and the best ones are the Kraaken X61 and H115i.

You need to have a 2x140mm fan mounting place though.

They both work on 1366.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

OK so size of radiator, material of radiator, no mixed metals, size of fan, brand of fan.

Is that all I am looking at for quality?

Like Enderman said, those things are all true.

However, fi your case only has support for 2x120, or even 1x140 or 1x120, it fine.

Temperatures will be higher, but the mounting solution for the CPU is the exact same

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

OK thanks guys.

I see in the specs of each AIO that it lists the LGA style.

What does AiO stand for?

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

OK thanks guys.

I see in the specs of each AIO that it lists the LGA style.

What does AiO stand for?

All In One. Meaning that everything is included in the watercooling kit, and you never have to fill, drain or maintain the loop. Just install and go.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Well I just bought a ASUS P6T 1366 X58 computer system with an i7-920, so I gotta find a cooler that will fit 1366 and 1150 and 1151, well all of them from 1366 and up. But like you guys say, and from what I can tell, most are generic and will fit a variety.

AiO's seem like the way to go.