Pc turned off and won't turn on

Sir Tophat V
16 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If you left the front panel cables plugged in, that's fine. I ask only because I was once completely stumped on why I couldn't get a PC to boot until realizing that I was mashing a disconnected power cable, and I don't want you RMAing a motherboard on that lol.

Sorry to waste anymore time since you already helped so much but I should I go and get a replacement for my mobo? I don't want to end up wasting time like I did getting a new psu x.x

1 hour ago, Sir Tophat V said:

Sorry to waste anymore time since you already helped so much but I should I go and get a replacement for my mobo? I don't want to end up wasting time like I did getting a new psu x.x

So you press the power button/jump the pins to start the PC and absolutely nothing happens? It doesn't even try to power on? See, to me, that really screams power supply, but if you've tested it on two different PSUs and done the single stick of RAM method with no results, then yeah, I'd be thinking about RMAing the motherboard, or just buying a new one if the price is right and you don't feel like mailing it back to the OEM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

not sure you saw my question, are there any of the motherboard LEDs that are light up when the PSU is connected (all modern motherboards have some sort of LED that lights up when it gets power). If you don't see any lights chances are the either PSU or the motherboard is faulty.

Not on my brand new ASrock z170 ac/itx... no LEDs at all... that's how I like it BTW :)

@OP what kind of temps were you experiencing when the PC turns itself off?  and I know that's not the problem now, but when you changed the PSU did you take the front panel connectors out and put them back in with the new PSU? or did you just leave everything as it was and swapped the PSU and PSU cables out for the new one?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

19 hours ago, aisle9 said:

So you press the power button/jump the pins to start the PC and absolutely nothing happens? It doesn't even try to power on? See, to me, that really screams power supply, but if you've tested it on two different PSUs and done the single stick of RAM method with no results, then yeah, I'd be thinking about RMAing the motherboard, or just buying a new one if the price is right and you don't feel like mailing it back to the OEM.

Ok I shal get it replaced then and report back if that fixed the issue. I'd buy a new if I had the money but I also haven't had this mob for even a year :l

19 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Not on my brand new ASrock z170 ac/itx... no LEDs at all... that's how I like it BTW :)

@OP what kind of temps were you experiencing when the PC turns itself off?  and I know that's not the problem now, but when you changed the PSU did you take the front panel connectors out and put them back in with the new PSU? or did you just leave everything as it was and swapped the PSU and PSU cables out for the new one?

it was a cold night and I didn't have anything open but chrome and discord so probably not high and I take all front ports but the power button, restart button and leds

53 minutes ago, Sir Tophat V said:

Ok I shal get it replaced then and report back if that fixed the issue. I'd buy a new if I had the money but I also haven't had this mob for even a year :l

it was a cold night and I didn't have anything open but chrome and discord so probably not high and I take all front ports but the power button, restart button and leds

Ahh ok, it was just something to check is all. A wrongly installed power button can make it not boot at all/ boot loop... boot loop in the sense that it turns on for a few seconds and resets.

So you're RMA'ing the board now?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, paddy-stone said:

Ahh ok, it was just something to check is all. A wrongly installed power button can make it not boot at all/ boot loop... boot loop in the sense that it turns on for a few seconds and resets.

So you're RMA'ing the board now?

Well yeah I used my mums amazon since she had prime so I'll have to get her to do it