Any known methods/utilities for automatic switching between GPUs?

Drak3

I'm looking to find out if two GPUs, particularly a GTX 1070 and RX 470, can have programs associated to one or the other, and completely ignore the main display settings within Windows 10 Pro. I'd prefer it if what I want is built in as a universal feature, without needing to run 3rd party utilities.

I know there is some validity to this, the feature is supported on the Surface Book.

Edit: I run a monitor off of each GPU, and due to the main display setting in Windows, certain programs only work on the monitor chosen as the main display. Running the 1070 and the panel connected to it as the main display has issues and renders the 470's panel useless when gaming, benchmarking, overclocking, and running certain programs in full screen mode.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Surface book is a laptop which switches between integrated and dedicated. I don;t think there is a way to make both amd and nvidia work together

at work so i cant remember the details of this video:
but have a look if it helps 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Plug both GPUs to one monitor using different inputs and use the source button to go back and forth between the GPUs. 

1 hour ago, mok said:

at work so i cant remember the details of this video:
but have a look if it helps 

I know about LTT's SLI & Crossfire vid, I actually used it as validation for my newest build. Manually switching between my 1070 and 470 as the main display just opens a world of headaches though, especially since one monitor is 1080p and the other 4K, with the biggest problem being that using the panel on the 1070 sometimes renders the 470's completely useless, only showing a desktop if any GPU intensive task is running.

1 hour ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Surface book is a laptop which switches between integrated and dedicated. I don;t think there is a way to make both amd and nvidia work together

I'm well aware that the Surface Book is a laptop, but it does enable the user to force a program to use one GPU over the other when both are present, it was actually a big reason I considered getting a Surface Book awhile back. Seeing as there really isn't anything special to the Book other than the driver supports the hot plug functionality, there is no reason that it can't work on other systems. What I'm trying to do is actually not that different from CPU Affinity settings, and is something I can do in Photoshop.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Plug both GPUs to one monitor using different inputs and use the source button to go back and forth between the GPUs. 

My monitor (ASUS MX279) is recognized as two physical monitors, so it does nothing in regards of the main display settings, and wouldn't be a solution to my problem.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.