are there speakers that have excursion with like 20 cm or even more? and whats the biggest?

liquidmagma
Go to solution Solved by Stagea,
5 hours ago, Naeaes said:

MTX Jackhammer can do roughly 13cm total. It's xmax is 2,5". I've been out of the hifi game a while but at one point, the square Jackhammer was the biggest subwoofer that's commercially available. Nonetheless, I'd say you're going to have to take a look at concert PA speakers for anything like 20cm. 

Its one-way Xmech is 3", so peak to peak would be 15.24 cm. I've not encountered a series production audio transducer that offered more than that. :)

what are speaker excursions ??

like speakers that are sentient beings and go on outdoor adventures?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

6 minutes ago, mok said:

what are speaker excursions ??

like speakers that are sentient beings and go on outdoor adventures?

i mean like what speaker has the biggest movement from its resting/sitting place? i hope you understand what i mean.

8 minutes ago, liquidmagma said:

i mean like what speaker has the biggest movement from its resting/sitting place? i hope you understand what i mean.

oh, 
thats kind of a weird / meaningless detail when shopping for speakers

do you prefer actual sound quality or youre just looking for the distance the speaker dome wobbles

Photography / Finance / Gaming

MTX Jackhammer can do roughly 13cm total. It's xmax is 2,5". I've been out of the hifi game a while but at one point, the square Jackhammer was the biggest subwoofer that's commercially available. Nonetheless, I'd say you're going to have to take a look at concert PA speakers for anything like 20cm. 

Just now, mok said:

oh, 
thats kind of a weird / meaningless detail when shopping for speakers

do you prefer actual sound quality or youre just looking for the distance the speaker dome wobbles

no i just want to know.

5 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Its one-way Xmech is 3", so peak to peak would be 15.24 cm. I've not encountered a series production audio transducer that offered more than that. :)