Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeanFarmer

Dell poweredge

Posted · Original PosterOP

Soooo.. i managed to pickup 5 dell poweredge servers for £60 2x 1950 2x 1850 1x6850

specs 

server 1 poweredge 1950

2x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz 4 cores (8 cores total) 

34gb of ram(one sick of ram was not working in the photo)

Raid:sas (sata hybrid)

server 2 poweredge  1950

1x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz 4 cores 

4gb of ram

Raid:sas (sata hybrid)

server 3 poweredge  1850

2x intel Xeon (not known)@ ??GHz(? cores)

?gb of ram

Raid:scsi

server 4 poweredge  1850

2x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz(4 cores)

4gb of ram

Raid:scsi

server 4 poweredge  6850

4x intel Xeon (not known)@ ??GHz(? cores)

?gb of ram

Raid:scsi(can be upgraded to sas)

was an interesting find when i looked on top and i saw that they were ex EA Europe servers

the two 1950 servers and the 6850 have pcie in theory I could have a graphics card, one down side to the 6850 is that it has two  1470W psu's so you can imagine the power bill 

14331041_1504295102920513_1688764575_n.jpg

14256621_1498807883469235_368325595_n.jpg

14315856_1504305329586157_767195951_o.jpg

I would just be happy to have a server from one of those large game companies :P

My Computers:

The Tank (Main PC): https://pcpartpicker.com/b/3HVYcf (Update on PCPartpicker with build log on LTT forum coming soon)

Arctic Wolf (Spare PC in my room for web browsing): http://pcpartpicker.com/b/YKWXsY (Update on PCPartpicker with build log on LTT forum coming soon)

ITX LAN Party/Spare PC: Partlist: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SuperM4Tanker/saved/2tTYJx (Build log with photos coming soon)

Laptop: MSI GS43VR Literally the hottest laptop I have ever used thing literally can burn you if you touch the wrong part when running games

My Servers:

None at the current moment

If anyone wants me to make them a partlist on PCPartPicker just PM me

Folding@Home Stats:

My current Folding@Home stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=SuperShermanTanker

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=728444

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Lol. I doubt that system will pull more than 500 watts from the wall

Hopefully there all running off of one out let, i don't tend to use that one often 

If they have an NICs you can pull, it would definitely be a nice find. Not to be a debbie downer but you could out-gun all of that equipment combined with a single virtual computer on your main pc (assuming it was bought in the last 6-7 years). Sadly the person that sold it to you not only saved money but made money - normally have to pay to recycle old electronics like that. It is cool that they were EA servers.

But if you got even just a single gigabit intel 4 port NIC, you got a good find.

1 hour ago, Mikensan said:

If they have an NICs you can pull, it would definitely be a nice find. Not to be a debbie downer but you could out-gun all of that equipment combined with a single virtual computer on your main pc (assuming it was bought in the last 6-7 years). Sadly the person that sold it to you not only saved money but made money - normally have to pay to recycle old electronics like that. It is cool that they were EA servers.

But if you got even just a single gigabit intel 4 port NIC, you got a good find.

Agreed, those older Dell servers are pretty much junk. Whoever you bought them from saved the money from throwing them away.

CPU: i5-4690k | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Tx3 | MOBO: Asus z97-i Plus

RAM: 1x8gb Kingson Fury Black (1866Mhz) | GPU: Asus 4gb 970 Strix

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb | HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue | Case: Corsair 250d | PSU: Corsair RM650

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

well one had a fiber optic card, if you go on ebay these server sill for sort of high prices given the age 

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

i wonder if EA would tell me what they were used for