Dell poweredge

Soooo.. i managed to pickup 5 dell poweredge servers for £60 2x 1950 2x 1850 1x6850

specs 

server 1 poweredge 1950

2x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz 4 cores (8 cores total) 

34gb of ram(one sick of ram was not working in the photo)

Raid:sas (sata hybrid)

server 2 poweredge  1950

1x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz 4 cores 

4gb of ram

Raid:sas (sata hybrid)

server 3 poweredge  1850

2x intel Xeon (not known)@ ??GHz(? cores)

?gb of ram

Raid:scsi

server 4 poweredge  1850

2x intel Xeon e5440 @ 2.83GHz(4 cores)

4gb of ram

Raid:scsi

server 4 poweredge  6850

4x intel Xeon (not known)@ ??GHz(? cores)

?gb of ram

Raid:scsi(can be upgraded to sas)

was an interesting find when i looked on top and i saw that they were ex EA Europe servers

the two 1950 servers and the 6850 have pcie in theory I could have a graphics card, one down side to the 6850 is that it has two  1470W psu's so you can imagine the power bill 

14331041_1504295102920513_1688764575_n.jpg

14256621_1498807883469235_368325595_n.jpg

14315856_1504305329586157_767195951_o.jpg

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Lol. I doubt that system will pull more than 500 watts from the wall

Hopefully there all running off of one out let, i don't tend to use that one often 

1 minute ago, SeanFarmer said:

Hopefully there all running off of one out let, i don't tend to use that one often 

But 60 pounds for those machines... nice catch mate!

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

But 60 pounds for those machines... nice catch mate!

Cheers dude, couldn't believe it when i saw them

If they have an NICs you can pull, it would definitely be a nice find. Not to be a debbie downer but you could out-gun all of that equipment combined with a single virtual computer on your main pc (assuming it was bought in the last 6-7 years). Sadly the person that sold it to you not only saved money but made money - normally have to pay to recycle old electronics like that. It is cool that they were EA servers.

But if you got even just a single gigabit intel 4 port NIC, you got a good find.

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

If they have an NICs you can pull, it would definitely be a nice find. Not to be a debbie downer but you could out-gun all of that equipment combined with a single virtual computer on your main pc (assuming it was bought in the last 6-7 years). Sadly the person that sold it to you not only saved money but made money - normally have to pay to recycle old electronics like that. It is cool that they were EA servers.

But if you got even just a single gigabit intel 4 port NIC, you got a good find.

well one had a fiber optic card, if you go on ebay these server sill for sort of high prices given the age 

6 hours ago, Mikensan said:

i wonder if EA would tell me what they were used for