Need help with Corsair HD RGB fans for H100i v2 and 460x

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
Just now, Florin050 said:

Thanks for the help, but i don't think the SP120 fans are half as pretty as the HD120 are. I would just love to have only the HD120 fans in there...

I want the build to be pretty silent, so will the HD120 fans on a H100I still keep my processor from getting baked?

Performance wouldn't be an issue with most fans. HD120's would be fine. I'm not sure how quiet they are since I still need to look up more reviews and get some to play around with but some reviewers seem to think they're pretty quiet. 

Hello everyone,

I'm going to build a new PC when the Corsair 460x finally is in stock.

Corsair has also released the new HD120 RGB fans, which seems to match with the case.

The Case already has 3 intake fans, which are RGB. So i would like to order a set of 3 extra HD120 RGB fans. 1 as outtake, and 2 for the H100i.

Now i'm a bit confused, Are these fans meant for water cooling? It advertises as High static pressure but when i check the specs The stock H100i fans pressure rate is  4.65 mmH2O and the HD120 is 2.25 mmH20. It looks like the HD120 fans perform alot worse than the stock fans.

The 460x case also comes with the HD120 fans, which seems they are for AF purpose?

TLDR; Can i use the HD120 RGB for both AF and for the H100i?

Thanks!

All fans have some degree of airflow and static pressure and you can use either on your rad. In the case that the fan doesn't have enough static pressure, performance would be worse. The HD120's seem to use pretty generic and balanced blade designs and should be fine.

The stock SP120L's have much higher performance numbers mainly due to the much higher fan speed of 2700rpm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the HD is more aligned with a case/AF fan. the new SP120 line has enough static pressure to overcome the restriction within the radiator fin array.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

All fans have some degree of airflow and static pressure and you can use either on your rad. In the case that the fan doesn't have enough static pressure, performance would be worse. The HD120's seem to use pretty generic and balanced blade designs and should be fine.

The stock SP120L's have much higher performance numbers mainly due to the much higher fan speed of 2700rpm. 

12 hours ago, airdeano said:

the HD is more aligned with a case/AF fan. the new SP120 line has enough static pressure to overcome the restriction within the radiator fin array.

Thanks for the help, but i don't think the SP120 fans are half as pretty as the HD120 are. I would just love to have only the HD120 fans in there...

I want the build to be pretty silent, so will the HD120 fans on a H100I still keep my processor from getting baked?

Just now, Florin050 said:

Performance wouldn't be an issue with most fans. HD120's would be fine. I'm not sure how quiet they are since I still need to look up more reviews and get some to play around with but some reviewers seem to think they're pretty quiet. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks again (you've helped me with my first build like 3 years go ) for your help WoodenMarker.
I'll just purchase 3 HD120's than. The Case comes with 3, so I've got 6 than. Fits nice on the fan hub/controller :)

Maybe I'll post some pictures and results when its ready.

Oh shit.. I just found out the Corsair 460X comes with 3 SP120 RGB fans, I'll have to order 6 HD120's I ques..