Chain stores that let have keyboards and mice on display?

Awakening

Does anyone know of any chain stores that have keyboards and mice on display for people to test out? The only one I can think of is Best Buy and their display was all membrane keyboards and older/wireless mice >:( I tried Google, but didn't really get any results. Maybe just the wrong keywords, but nonetheless the results were unrelated.

I want to test the differences between the Cherry MX switches in person and hopefully find a Logitech G Pro on display before buying.

42 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Where are you located?

That's why I said chain stores since they're typically everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Just open the box at Bestbuy and try it out right there.

Shitty move, but meh. Maybe.

And I mean one, maybe not so bad. But three keyboards at once? I don't know about that.

Yeah why not?

I would.

Unless they got a stupid security cable wrapped around it.

Just be polite and put them back in the box neatly when you are done.

Big chains dont care, its the little stores that cry and moan.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah why not?

I would.

Unless they got a stupid security cable wrapped around it.

Just be polite and put them back in the box neatly.

Yeah. I'll bring some sticky notes with me and stick sorry notes on the boxes afterwards.

No no, just bring sticky notes to write down the pro's and con's. Maybe even do a Youtube vlog about your adventures.

Just now, Canada EH said:

No no, just bring sticky notes to write down the pro's and con's. Maybe even do a Youtube vlog about your adventures.

But it's the law of the land, eh?

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

There are no laws on that.

Just dont rip the box while your comparing keyboards.

200w.gif

10 minutes ago, Awakening said:

200w.gif

LOL

OK here is the next solution then.

Go buy 10 keyboards, try them out. Then return the 9 that you do not like.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

LOL

OK here is the next solution then.

Go buy 10 keyboards, try them out. Then return the 9 that you do not like.

EDFRYlF.png

...... Sure, overused and not very funny, but the joke went wayyyyyy over your head. Canada has a rep for always saying sorry to the smallest things. That's why I said I'd put sorry notes on the keyboard boxes afterwards because of your username.

As for the idea of returning the keyboards, that might actually be a better idea if I have the money for it. I'll have a whole month to figure out which I like best and could easily get away with using all of the main switches for a week each.

Buy one at a time, or two then return them. Then instead of looking shady at the same store, repeat at a different store.

Could do BestBuy, and a Walmart, and another chain computer store.

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Buy one at a time, or two then return them. Then instead of looking shady at the same store, repeat at a different store.

I'll just use Amazon. Don't even have to deal with a service rep to make a free return for full refund.

Some places actually dropped their return period down to fifteen days and I'd rather not look at the policy of three different stores.

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

15 days to see if you like a keyboard?

Takes me 5 minutes

It's not so much the keyboard, but the switches. They'll be three of the same keyboard (Corsair STRAFE) with blue, red, and brown switches.

11 hours ago, Awakening said:

Does anyone know of any chain stores that have keyboards and mice on display for people to test out? The only one I can think of is Best Buy and their display was all membrane keyboards and older/wireless mice >:( I tried Google, but didn't really get any results. Maybe just the wrong keywords, but nonetheless the results were unrelated.

I want to test the differences between the Cherry MX switches in person and hopefully find a Logitech G Pro on display before buying.

As of the last few weeks, the Best Buy near us has a red switch Corsair, a Romer-G Logitech and a Razer on display to play with. When's the last time you checked your store?

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

There are no laws on that.

Just dont rip the box while your comparing keyboards.

Are you trying to get him banned from the store? Because that's how you get banned from the store.

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

That...never mind.

10 hours ago, Awakening said:

As for the idea of returning the keyboards, that might actually be a better idea if I have the money for it. I'll have a whole month to figure out which I like best and could easily get away with using all of the main switches for a week each.

Just be aware that some stores now, including Best Buy, require you to present an ID that is then scanned and entered into a database multiple chains share from. Returning the same or similar item to multiple stores in a short period of time is a good way to get yourself flagged as a fraud risk and banned from making returns at any of those stores. It's annoying, but unfortunately it's legal. I know Amazon also tracks returns, and even Prime members get charged for returns if the reason is, "I just don't want the product anymore," or if the returns are excessive.

No idea what "excessive" means. I've returned 30 or so "defective" items over the last year and have yet to be forced to pay shipping on a return, so...

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@aisle9 At major stores its highly unlikely you will get banned for doing that. I should mention bring cash, and when returning use a different name and telephone number. And yes read the return policy. Walmart is quite easy on that part, same with BestBuy to a point. I have yet to see a store scan an ID, I wouldnt want my info being sold like that. And yes you got to have some good reason, like "I bought the wrong product" or "the product doesnt work" or "....wrong connector" or "It was a gift, bought the wrong ........." or "Item is defective" when its not...... anyway you get the idea. Its common sense really.

12 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Where are you located?

This would help a lot. 

If you're in the UK, CCL is a great place, that is where I got an idea of my keyboard and switches. 

They are like showrooms. 

566e2d2db8437_255_207.jpg

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

13 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Just be aware that some stores now, including Best Buy, require you to present an ID that is then scanned and entered into a database multiple chains share from. Returning the same or similar item to multiple stores in a short period of time is a good way to get yourself flagged as a fraud risk and banned from making returns at any of those stores. It's annoying, but unfortunately it's legal. I know Amazon also tracks returns, and even Prime members get charged for returns if the reason is, "I just don't want the product anymore," or if the returns are excessive.

No idea what "excessive" means. I've returned 30 or so "defective" items over the last year and have yet to be forced to pay shipping on a return, so...

That's why I said I'd use Amazon. I've made plenty of returns through them and have never had any problems. You'd have to be a bit special to choose that reason for a return whether it's true or not. They're not a loan service to let you try items out.

11 hours ago, Canada EH said:

@aisle9 At major stores its highly unlikely you will get banned for doing that. I should mention bring cash, and when returning use a different name and telephone number. And yes read the return policy. Walmart is quite easy on that part, same with BestBuy to a point. I have yet to see a store scan an ID, I wouldnt want my info being sold like that. And yes you got to have some good reason, like "I bought the wrong product" or "the product doesnt work" or "....wrong connector" or "It was a gift, bought the wrong ........." or "Item is defective" when its not...... anyway you get the idea. Its common sense really.

Yep. 

11 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

This would help a lot. 

If you're in the UK, CCL is a great place, that is where I got an idea of my keyboard and switches. 

They are like showrooms. 

566e2d2db8437_255_207.jpg

I'm in the eastern US. I stopped at a local Best Buy two days ago and their display was pathetic. Like I said in the OP, nothing but membrane keyboards and wireless mice. I emailed them in hopes they'd improve the display for my local store and the rep that responded was about as useful as a car with no wheels. Cris, probably from India with English as a second language, responded back thinking I had problems with an online order/online inventory :|