Planning to build a gaming Pc please help

It is my first Pc build and I don't have any hands-on experience with building a Pc and I wanted to join the Pc master race. I had a few points of confusion on RAID, PCI express, and the perfect monitor. Any help is welcome :) 

Here is my Pc part picker list:

• Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
  • GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
  • 2 x Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
  • Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case
  • EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 144Hz Monitor

Raid:

I plan on creating a raid 0 array of 2 SSDs, is it possible to do this and use the HDD as a backup drive and bulk storage or would I have to have 2 separate HDDs for this?

PCI:

I noticed that the i5 6600k has a maximum of 16 PCI express slots, I wanted to install another 1070 GPU when the next gen of cards come out, I heard Linus say multiple times that it doesn't affect performance if you use the x8 slots for your GPU's, BUT, there are no ethernet cables at my desk, would my CPU allow me to use 2 graphics cards and a PCI wireless adapter? If not what options do I have to get around these problems?

Monitor:

I picked out the 144Hz, 1080p monitor above because it was a good bang for buck purchase, but is it suitable for my Pc? If I were to add an additional lower/higher resolution monitor would they have conflicts?

Overclocking:

With the stock case fans and the H100i v2, would this be enough to cool 2 GPUs if I decide to get another in the future, or should I buy aftermarket case fans if I add on the other GPU? Or are the stock case fans not enough?

I would appreciate all of your opinions and help negative or not so feel free to bash me for any newbie decisions I made, I can take it. :D

Great build. I would change out for an Asus 1070 they're awesome. 

Skip the raid and just but an NVME M.2. Wish I had done that first. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

5 minutes ago, Sperdoge said:

It is my first Pc build and I don't have any hands-on experience with building a Pc and I wanted to join the Pc master race. I had a few points of confusion on RAID, PCI express, and the perfect monitor. Any help is welcome :) 

Here is my Pc part picker list:

• Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
  • GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
  • 2 x Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
  • Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case
  • EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 144Hz Monitor

Raid:

I plan on creating a raid 0 array of 2 SSDs, is it possible to do this and use the HDD as a backup drive and bulk storage or would I have to have 2 separate HDDs for this?

PCI:

I noticed that the i5 6600k has a maximum of 16 PCI express slots, I wanted to install another 1070 GPU when the next gen of cards come out, I heard Linus say multiple times that it doesn't affect performance if you use the x8 slots for your GPU's, BUT, there are no ethernet cables at my desk, would my CPU allow me to use 2 graphics cards and a PCI wireless adapter? If not what options do I have to get around these problems?

Monitor:

I picked out the 144Hz, 1080p monitor above because it was a good bang for buck purchase, but is it suitable for my Pc? If I were to add an additional lower/higher resolution monitor would they have conflicts?

Overclocking:

With the stock case fans and the H100i v2, would this be enough to cool 2 GPUs if I decide to get another in the future, or should I buy aftermarket case fans if I add on the other GPU? Or are the stock case fans not enough?

I would appreciate all of your opinions and help negative or not so feel free to bash me for any newbie decisions I made, I can take it. :D

Looks pretty solid. Two things.

PCIe: the 6600k provides 16 slots, so you can run two cards at x8. The board adds an ADDITIONAL  20 slots for sound cards, adapters, etc. (not for GPUs).

Cooling: Your GPU will cool itself. It has fans. I wouldn't go with the H100i personally, but it's your choice. Case fans are for air circulation and general cooling, not specific cooling.

Monitor: Monitors really gone down to your own preference, although I would probably get 1440p or 4k. If you do get 4k, you'll have to scale down, but once you have two  GPUs, it'll be worth it.

As for memory, I'm not really sure, ask in the Storage forum.

Skyggeis Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU
WiFi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Other: Coolermaster VGA Holder
Other: Phanteks LED Strip 1M
Other: Phanteks Fan Splitter

Monitor: Dell S2716DG

Do not put your SSDs in RAID 0. You'll see very little performance gain at the cost of a higher chance of data loss. Stick with one 500GB SSD.

Contrary to popular belief, a i5 6600K will bottleneck a GTX 1070 for 1080p 144Hz gaming. Instead of having an expensive cooler with a i5 6600K, get yourself a i7 6700K + a cheap air cooler. The i7 will also offer more stable framerates.

The chipset offers an additional 20 lanes, separate to the CPU's. So yes, it is possible to have a 2-way SLI setup with a wireless adaptor.

The stock case fans are enough. The GPUs will be cooled by their own aftermarket coolers.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Oh god, don't RAID 0 SSDs. It caves heavily into their usable life and will not give you better load times, honestly.

Otherwise the build is fine. The Corsair AIO is not quiet however.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

RAID:

I don't really recommend a RAID 0 of SSDs  not because it's "dangerous" because it's really not, it's limited by SATA III speed so you won't be getting very much improvement over just one SSD. I'd recommend instead going for a Samsung 950 pro:  https://goo.gl/1tIUJx  

It's about the same price as those SSDs combined and will give you WAY faster performance. And yes you could totally easily use the HDD as a backup, many use this solution.

PCI:

Yes you should be able to fit a wireless adapter in with SLI on the z170A. I'd maybe use a usb wireless dongle instead, but it's your choice.

Monitor:

The GPU for the monitor should be fine, and no you could add a lower or higher resolution monitor and have no conflicts. You can run the game at the native resolution of either monitor you choose to play on.

Overclocking:

This is what really confuses me, your H100i v2 is not going to cool your GPU, just your CPU. That cooler will give you great overclocks on the CPU for sure, but I'm not so sure if it would really be worth it over a lower tier cooler. For SLI, I wouldn't worry too much. If you're looking for cooling performance it shouldn't make much of a difference in SLI. You might want to add some more intake fans to get some more positive cooling in the case but, yeah. Go ahead and the cooling will be fine.

I have a feeling the Z170 chipset provides additional PCI-E lanes, but I don't have a source right now.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Contrary to popular belief, a i5 6600K will bottleneck a GTX 1070 for 1080p 144Hz gaming. Instead of having an expensive cooler with a i5 6600K, get yourself a i7 6700K + a cheap air cooler. The i7 will also offer more stable framerates.

+1 I have a GTX 1080 and a 6600k and there is an increasing list of games that I'm finding hitting 100% CPU utilisation on all cores bottlenecking the system. The latest is Forza Horizon 3, but GTA V is also giving me headaches, the others are strategy games. You can get around the CPU bottleneck by lowering your graphics settings there by reducing the number of draw calls, but that defeats the purpose of the high end video card. I'm personally going to get an i7 asap and I'd recommend you get a 6700k yourself. (If you leave it long enough that Kaby Lake CPU's hit the market get a 7700k)

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

By cheap Air Cooler, at least get this Thermalright

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/TsL7YJ/thermalright-cpu-cooler-machodirect

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Great build. I would change out for an Asus 1070 they're awesome. 

Skip the raid and just but an NVME M.2. Wish I had done that first. 

I saw how fast M.2 SSDs can be, are the speeds worth the price?

14 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

+1 I have a GTX 1080 and a 6600k and there is an increasing list of games that I'm finding hitting 100% CPU utilisation on all cores bottlenecking the system. The latest is Forza Horizon 3, but GTA V is also giving me headaches, the others are strategy games. You can get around the CPU bottleneck by lowering your graphics settings there by reducing the number of draw calls, but that defeats the purpose of the high end video card. I'm personally going to get an i7 asap and I'd recommend you get a 6700k yourself. (If you leave it long enough that Kaby Lake CPU's hit the market get a 7700k)

I was planning on making final purchases during November - December holiday sales so if it releases in Oct. I will definitely look into it

If you're don't gonna do a overkill overclock you should be set with the standard case fans, but more fans is never bad + SSD's in RAID 0 isn't worth it

7 hours ago, Sperdoge said:

I saw how fast M.2 SSDs can be, are the speeds worth the price?

Very much so. M.2 uses the PCI-E lanes for insane transfer speeds. SATA is pretty slow compared. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q