Algae showing up in previously not filled space

XCalinX

Hey guys,

A month ago I drained my loop because I added a midplate to my 900D. After I filled it back, it bleeded a bit, as usual, leaving a small portion of the res empty. I left it like this for a week or so then I filled the res all the way up, but there is some weird algae showing up where the empty part of the res was before. I have no idea what happened and why this happened. Any ideas? Thanks I use EK Ekoolant pastel white.

14485165_635959316586983_408824903957447

3 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

Hey guys,

A month ago I drained my loop because I added a midplate to my 900D. After I filled it back, it bleeded a bit, as usual, leaving a small portion of the res empty. I left it like this for a week or so then I filled the res all the way up, but there is some weird algae showing up where the empty part of the res was before. I have no idea what happened and why this happened. Any ideas? Thanks I use EK Ekoolant pastel white.

How long have you had the fluid and what components are you running the loop? 

It could possibly be from draining and refilling the loop where some contaminate got in. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

How long have you had the fluid and what components are you running the loop? 

It could possibly be from draining and refilling the loop where some contaminate got in. 

I've been having the fluid since May. I have an Alphacool XT45 480 rad, an EK CoolStream SE 480 rad, an EK Acetal + Nickel blocks for the CPU and GPU, EK Res X3 250, EK Nickel fittings, Primochill white tubing.

2 minutes ago, XCalinX said:

I've been having the fluid since May. I have an Alphacool XT45 480 rad, an EK CoolStream SE 480 rad, an EK Acetal + Nickel blocks for the CPU and GPU, EK Res X3 250, EK Nickel fittings, Primochill white tubing.

I would recommend to check the PH of the fluid to see if it changed as that can explain if it's algae. However Since the fluids is fairly new my guess is probably contaminates from the rads which didn't get fully flushed out.