Need sleeved extensions for my PSU

wasiq614
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

If you just want sleeved extensions getting ones from Cable Mod or others such as Bitfenix for SIlverstones are good options.

-Topics Merged-

Hello, I am looking for some sleeved extension cables. I know I can order them from cablemods.com but they are really expensive for my budget and I saw that i can get the three extensions cables that I need, individually from newegg or amazon for much cheaper. Now I am new to all this so i am not sure which ones i should get and which ones would look good or are good quality wise. I need a 24-pin, 8-pin and a 6-pin PCIE cable for my PSU. The mobo I have is an Asus z170s, GPU: Asus htx 1060 dual, Psu: Evga Supernova 750 G2.

Thank You (: 

Hello, I have an Evga supernova 750 G2 and I need red sleeved extension cables for it.

I need 24-Pin ATX, 8-Pin EPS, 6-Pin PCI-E

that's all I need can someone please link me to the right cables?

I don't wanna buy them from cable mods, they are too expensive for my budget.

Thank you.

look at amazon

silverstone makes some nice cable extensions in red

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, wasiq614 said:

Hello, I have an Evga supernova 750 G2 and I need red sleeved extension cables for it.

I need 24-Pin ATX, 8-Pin EPS, 6-Pin PCI-E

that's all I need can someone please link me to the right cables?

I don't wanna buy them from cable mods, they are too expensive for my budget.

Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I've read that the cables that come with G2 PSU's have fuses in them. So replacing them with other custom cables can be risky if they don't contain fuses as well.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

I'm not 100% sure about this but I've read that the cables that come with G2 PSU's have fuses in them. So replacing them with other custom cables can be risky if they don't contain fuses as well.

The g2 cables do have capacitors, but they are completely unneeded, and custom cables are fine.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

If you just want sleeved extensions getting ones from Cable Mod or others such as Bitfenix for SIlverstones are good options.

-Topics Merged-

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

-Topics Merged-

I found two 6-pin PCI-E cables can you tell me which ones is the one that I will need please?

1 x 8pin to PCI-E 8pin(6+2)

or  

1 x 6pin to PCI-E 6pin

which one is the one that I need? 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

One is a 6pin and 6+2pin, it depends on the GPU you have but if it's this unit here you can get either or since you can just tuck the +2pin off to the side and out of sight.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1060-O6G/

you're right about the GPU, thats the gpu that i have!

but can i get the 6-pin to 6-pin PCI-E? so i don't have to worry about hiding the other cable? would that work? 

2 minutes ago, wasiq614 said:

you're right about the GPU, thats the gpu that i have!

but can i get the 6-pin to 6-pin PCI-E? so i don't have to worry about hiding the other cable? would that work? 

Yep, that would work but if you changed the GPU that has an 8 pin you will require a new extension. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yep, that would work but if you changed the GPU that has an 8 pin you will require a new extension. 

thanks a lot, just one more question its pretty much the same thing i just wanna be sure.

I also found two different 8-pin Eps extensions 

ONE

TWO

is there no difference between these either? can I use either one?

And if so ... would one look better than the other?

2 minutes ago, wasiq614 said:

thanks a lot, just one more question its pretty much the same thing i just wanna be sure.

I also found two different 8-pin Eps extensions 

ONE

TWO

is there no difference between these either? can I use either one?

And if so ... would one look better than the other?

Yes they are just separate connectors a 4+4pin or 8pin block but they both will work. I would keep everything the same brand to ensure the coloring and sleeve material is consistent.

6 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

The g2 cables do have capacitors, but they are completely unneeded, and custom cables are fine.

Hmm, I was worried because a Newegg review by a verified owner claimed that if you use cables without the capacitors that it'll fry the motherboard. I hope I linked this comment correctly: http://www.newegg.com/profile/reviews/NkNaN2liWTJGcXRDVDRFRnZFejIvUT09 I do hope it's not true though as I'd like to get the 550W version & change some of the cables to red someday.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

42 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Hmm, I was worried because a Newegg review by a verified owner claimed that if you use cables without the capacitors that it'll fry the motherboard. I hope I linked this comment correctly: http://www.newegg.com/profile/reviews/NkNaN2liWTJGcXRDVDRFRnZFejIvUT09 I do hope it's not true though as I'd like to get the 550W version & change some of the cables to red someday.

That is completely wrong and bs. So you know once and for all.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

That is completely wrong and bs. So you know once and for all.

Phew! Thank You!