Gear VR screen mirroring PS4

Adam1984

Hi,

I have an s6 edge plus and a samsung tv, I can screen mirror either way which is really cool, even when playing ps4, Ive played ps4 using my phone as a monitor albeit a little laggy just for sh*ts and gigs. I have seen that the gear vr will turn into sbs mode when a samsung phone is placed in it being mirrored off a samsung tv. I was wondering if this means it will turn ps4 gaming into vr? Does this work?

Im sorry, what :D? Altough, i dont think you can stream from the PS4, to the Gear VR and to the S6 Edge+...

Unless Sony has made an app for that purpose, which presume they havent for the Gear VR store?

Groomlake Authority

Basically I saw a video of a guy who put his phone which was mirroring his tv into the gear vr, it then automatically set the display on the phone and tv to vr mode. So my thinking was would it do this whilst the ps4 was on, which would give you ps4 through the gear vr. This doesnt seem implausable since you can already play ps4 on your phones screen

It would probably be playing on the VR headset like how netflix plays on the Gear VR. its not going to magically convert the game into VR

If it works how your saying able to mirror your tv to your phone 

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

It would probably be playing on the VR headset like how netflix plays on the Gear VR. its not going to magically convert the game into VR

If it works how your saying able to mirror your tv to your phone 

No i didnt expect any magic, just what youve said, but it would be good anyhow

17 hours ago, Adam1984 said:

No i didnt expect any magic, just what youve said, but it would be good anyhow

the low resolution and lag on top of it being a compressed stream id imagine loosing quaility would personally give me  a headache. Do you have a gear vr? there cool for a few minutes got mine for free with the s7edge