The Galaxy Note 7 saga continues, new units overheat and drain battery when charging

Nowak

Beginning to think that article about Samsung pushing and pressuring their supply chains to ramp up production to unsafe levels is becoming more and more believable.

Yes, every phone will have a fault or a niggle. But this many and when it deals with a critical and volatile component like a battery is quite frightening.

I'm getting mine swapped out tomorrow. Hopefully I don't have this problem.

The only two times my phone gets hot at all (CPU or Battery) is when I do a system update, or when I play hearthstone for 3 hours straight.

Spoiler

I think that the makers of Candy Crush Saga should make a new game titled "Galaxy Note 7 Saga" and instead of tapping fruits, you tap exploding and overheating phones :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I think that the makers of Candy Crush Saga should make a new game titled "Galaxy Note 7 Saga" and instead of tapping fruits, you tap exploding and overheating phones :D.

Sshhh, I'll probably see an ad for it pop up on the start menu in a few months if that idea gets thrown around too often...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

24 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'd move back to Android just to play that.

18 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

I'd move back to Android just to play that.

No need. The Candy Crush Devs always port their games to Windows Phones :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

No need. The Candy Crush Devs always port their games to Windows Phones :).

oh true, I forgot this game is on every platform known to man.

I have a Galaxy S6, but idk if Samsung and Verizon gets an Android N update out by the new year or sometime before April that might be nice.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

19 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

200_s.gif

While charging, you need this for the Iphone:

MNN62_AV5.jpg

But then my lighting headphones cant be used.... I would need a 3.5mm to female lighting. Sounds confusing and i dont even know if that exists lol  Typically everyone is doing the opposite 3.5mm female to lightning male adapter 

On 9/25/2016 at 5:01 PM, MSWindowsinside said:

Maybe it's me but I don't understand the hype of this 'phablet' in the first place. It's just another big smartphone that doesn't fit in any of my pockets. At that point a phone is completely useless in my opinion. Is there really that big of a market for something that bridges the (not so big) gap between phone and tablet?

the samsung phablet are actually smaller than a lot of phones despite having a larger screen because of their smaller bezels

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Batman Arkham Knight in smartphone world

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

19 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

-snip-

Erhm, the dongle will work for the lightning cable on the left side port you know... regardless your gonna need two cables.

Groomlake Authority

On 25/09/2016 at 7:57 PM, Daring said:

According to ZDNet, one owner surnamed Choi said that even though his Galaxy Note 7 was charging and showing the thunder symbol in the battery indicator, the device kept losing 1 percent of power every second.

Personally I think this dude is bullshi^^ing us! I did the math and for the battery to drain as fast as they're claiming it would HAVE to be able to deliver 15.6A of current for it to drain that fast! that's NOT gonna happen from a battery that small!! The MOST current I've had from a 2600mAH battery from a phone is 4.8A under a dead short from a full charge. The only cells that could even push that current are the 18650 Li-Ion cells. The same ones used in a laptop battery pack...

Some Randomer from the internet!

1 hour ago, d3anio97 said:

Personally I think this dude is bullshi^^ing us! I did the math and for the battery to drain as fast as they're claiming it would HAVE to be able to deliver 15.6A of current for it to drain that fast! that's NOT gonna happen from a battery that small!! The MOST current I've had from a 2600mAH battery from a phone is 4.8A under a dead short from a full charge. The only cells that could even push that current are the 18650 Li-Ion cells. The same ones used in a laptop battery pack...

I don't think Samsung would have issued a statement about it if they weren't true.

On 9/25/2016 at 3:28 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

My old Optimus 2X also exhibited similar issues after I put a new kernel on it. It would freeze up entirely while in my pocket, and then proceed to drain the battery within an inch of it's life. The only warning would be the heat of the phone while in my pocket, the fix being to pull the battery and put it back in. Oftentimes, it would boot with only 17% or so of battery life remaining (being a primary factor in me replacing the phone).

To have the battery drain while on the charger (and assuming it's actually receiving power from the charger) would indicate the phone is draining more power than what the charger can provide. Of course, that power drain converts to (excessive) heat. I'd wager this is a software issue.

Same thing happens on my LG G Stylo...

Started with the update after updating to Android 6.0...

Taking the battery out fixes it for a couple days...