Unable to install OS, freezes at start up

adorablevb

Emaxx: EMX-MCP61M2-iCafe
AMD Phenom X3 - Tricore
No GPU
HDD - Seagate

Hi, I having trouble with PC1, it won't start to boot.
I am going to explain the problems from first day up till now.

First off, dad said PC1 froze, and had to restart it. The problem was, it does not continue to boot. It shuts down after 3-5 seconds.
- So I thought I just had to reseat the cooler, ram, clean those dust. It was arguably fixed.

It doesn't shutdown after 5s, but it does on starting windows logo. This should not be a software problem right? Or sometimes it just freezes, here is an actual pic where it froze on the last steps of installation, like a dying GPU.

I tried to repair computer, safe mode, fix errors, repair via cd - nothing worked.

I did checked on the drive on PC2, it works just fine. I am able to view files. Heck I did an W7 installation there. It perfectly works. So I thought the drive is ok, its gotta be the psu.

Using the W7 that I just used, tried to reformat that drive to PC1, good enough its installing as it should be. But after the 1st restart, in the completion process, it froze. Same as the one I've mentioned above.
I restarted, now the 5 second boot problem again. - (I think I got this fixed by changing rams)

Now I am now stuck again on the starting windows freezes. Sometimes it just freeze, other times it shuts down. I can't continue to the cd at all.

I am at loss. I don't know how to fix this. Also I don't have a spare mobo or psu just to pinpoint faulty ones. But the fact that it just stops on starting windows screen, doesn't that make sense that its the HDD? - although it works fine as a drive when I use it on PC2.

All help will be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Try a linux usb? does it work

Run memtest 86(buit into most linux usb's)

Probably bad ram/mobo/gpu/

don't have that kind of usb. Hopefully its just the ram. Its fairly cheap compared to other parts. Although I have 3 pcs of those, 2 of them I think is ok. Or do you mean all of them are busted? I just dont know why it stops and crashes on starting windows screen