Corsair Force SSDs?

snoopunit

Hoping to get a little input from the community here. I've been experiencing intermittent Disk Read Errors while booting w7 from one of these brands of SSD. Usually a quick restart will clear things up; occasionally i'll have to re-config the bios. I've noticed on amazon/newegg a lot of people are having similar issues. Does anyone know if this sort of issue is specifically related to Corsair Force drives, or has anyone experienced this with another brand?

Looks like it's defective.

Try returning it any buying samsung or intel instead.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Honestly, it's not really much of an issue most of the time. I've never lost any data, and it's more of a minor issue on the rare occasion that it does happen. Definitely will stay away from these ones in the future :D

6 minutes ago, snoopunit said:

Hoping to get a little input from the community here. I've been experiencing intermittent Disk Read Errors while booting w7 from one of these brands of SSD. Usually a quick restart will clear things up; occasionally i'll have to re-config the bios. I've noticed on amazon/newegg a lot of people are having similar issues. Does anyone know if this sort of issue is specifically related to Corsair Force drives, or has anyone experienced this with another brand?

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update available for your drive in particular?

I have used a Force GS SSD since Feb 2014 and haven't had any issues with it. Corsair has an SSD tool you can download that will check if an update is available.

Edited by imreloadin
Added more information.

looks like there's definitely something to download from their website. i'll have to look into it more once I get home