Seagate HDD low humming noise

Locksus

Hey,

I've had a 2TB Seagate Barracuda for about 2 months now. The problem is that it keeps doing this low humming noise inside my Define R5 case. I've tried to strap rubber bands around the HDD tray and the HDD itself, but it hasn't helped. The screws themselves of course have rubber rings on them. Not sure if the fault lies in the HDD trays or the HDD itself. 

Has anybody here had similar issues or know a good solution?

put a finger on the HDD and apply slight pressure - it it stops humming, it's because the case or the caddy (tray) vibrates

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

put a finger on the HDD and apply slight pressure - it it stops humming, it's because the case vibrates

Yes, looks like it's the case that is vibrating. Applying pressure to the HDD and the tray either stops or starts the vibration, depending on its position.

Tap spindle washers, jam them between the cage and the screw mount and screw it in. will stop the noise. small rubber or fire washers on all the cage mount bolts will help to.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige