Pci-e or usb wireless adapter???

gtx1060=value
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,
Just now, gtx1060=value said:

which one?

Oops, thought I put the link in there.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

So, the pci-e card that i use for my wireless adapter on my older pc has died. (tp-link) my question is do i go for a usb wireless adapter or a pci-e. if you know of any pros and cons and good ones for both sides, please help me. My internet plan (rogers) is maxed out at 100 mbps download so i don't need any gigabit wireless cards, All prices must be in CAD or listed otherwise

I'd recommend going with PCIe as you'll typically get a better quality adapter, and PCIe adapters will often include an antenna that you can place somewhere other than the back of your PC.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

I'd recommend going with PCIe as you'll typically get a better quality adapter, and PCIe adapters will often include an antenna that you can place somewhere other than the back of your PC.

any recommendations around the 300mbps range and around 50 dollars or less canadian? absolute minimum mbps must be 200

any recommendations around the 300mbps range and around 50 dollars or less canadian? absolute minimum mbps must be 200

Not too sure about what the cost will be in canadian, though I purchased this card back when I built my PC and it worked perfectly for the 6-8 months that I needed it. (I ran cat6 from my router to my pc, so a wireless card was no longer needed)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

Not too sure about what the cost will be in canadian, though I purchased this card back when I built my PC and it worked perfectly for the 6-8 months that I needed it. (I ran cat6 from my router to my pc, so a wireless card was no longer needed)

which one?

which one?

Oops, thought I put the link in there.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

I have one that has cables. It is a pcie adapter but the cable can be connected to the antenna outside so you can freely move it around in case your computer is placed in a corner and can not reach out. Just saying.

Any pci e will be fine. USB ports sometime are not as reliable as good pci e 

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

I have one that has cables. It is a pcie adapter but the cable can be connected to the antenna outside so you can freely move it around in case your computer is placed in a corner and can not reach out. Just saying.

Any pci e will be fine. USB ports sometime are not as reliable as good pci e 

what card is that?