I can't connect to the internet!!!

keod2

Ok so I'll explain, I recently bought the ASUS RT- AC87U - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-...nw-085-as.html wireless router in conjunction with the Vigor Draytek 130 modem - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DrayTek-Vigor-ADSL-Ethernet-Modem/dp/B00F9E5LQA. Now I had previously used the BT home hub for my wifi but found the connection to drop and the range to be terrible (something that doesn't happen over the wired connection) so I invested in those.

When I set up the Router and the Modem I found that the ASUS router broadcast the wireless signal but without internet. I then went into the modem dashboard and it said that my internet connection was being detected (upload and download speed) but the IP address was disconnected, I don't understand what is happening or how to fix it as I am new to networking. 

Please can anybody help me, I am really upset with the money I have spent and going to waste.

Corsair 760t | Corsair AX760i | Pioneer 207EBK BR-RW

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | Corsair H80i | 120GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD | 1TB WD Black 7200RPM

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.1GHz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM @ 2133 MHz | Nvidia GTX 780

*I'm not a networking expert, but I'm fairly good at troubleshooting a problem. Don't take anything I say as gospel*

If you have no internet connection, how did you post this? If it's from a phone/tablet then it might be the adaptor not working with your PC. You could also try physically connecting it and see if that works, if it doesn't it's your modem, if it does it's your router.

I plugged my BT home hub wireless modem router back in and made this post. As for the problem I have tried my desktop, skybox, ipad, android phones i phones laptops several different games consoles to connect to it via wifi non of which have internet but can connect to the router's signal. When i plug my laptop in via ethernet to the router it does not have any internet.

Edited by keod2
extra info

Corsair 760t | Corsair AX760i | Pioneer 207EBK BR-RW

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | Corsair H80i | 120GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD | 1TB WD Black 7200RPM

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.1GHz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM @ 2133 MHz | Nvidia GTX 780

I've had a similar problem to this one with my ASUS RT-AC3200 when I first installed it and what i had to do was manually add the IPv4 settings in the computer then access the router to set it up. Now the router works fine for me so possibly try doing that could resolve your issue. NOTE: change the settings back to auto after so there's no IP address conflicts later on.

On 9/24/2016 at 5:22 PM, keod2 said:

Ok so I'll explain, I recently bought the ASUS RT- AC87U - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-...nw-085-as.html wireless router in conjunction with the Vigor Draytek 130 modem - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DrayTek-Vigor-ADSL-Ethernet-Modem/dp/B00F9E5LQA. Now I had previously used the BT home hub for my wifi but found the connection to drop and the range to be terrible (something that doesn't happen over the wired connection) so I invested in those.

When I set up the Router and the Modem I found that the ASUS router broadcast the wireless signal but without internet. I then went into the modem dashboard and it said that my internet connection was being detected (upload and download speed) but the IP address was disconnected, I don't understand what is happening or how to fix it as I am new to networking. 

Please can anybody help me, I am really upset with the money I have spent and going to waste.

Did you clear the new modem with your ISP? At least with Comcast you have to provide them with a MAC address, so they can authorize hardware on your account. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.