Star Citizen thoughts?

Okjoek

I was playing with my outfit in Planetside 2 and our commander was talking about this game he plays called Star Citizen and he has a referral code for some free in-game stuff, so I made a character. He said the game costs 45 dollars, but I'm confused because I see things you can buy in this game for multi thousand dollars which isn't something I want to get suckered into. This guy said the game was like Planetside 2, but I haven't seen any footage yet for myself. It does raise my interest though because I've always felt planetside 2 was a hell of a good game with so much even more potential that went underfunded. This game in contrast appears to have received a LOT of money for its development.

Does anybody play Star Citizen and can you tell me what you think?

StarCitizen does not exist in a finished form, right now it's like a jigsaw puzzle that has pieces missing

Its not released yet. Here is a SC SubForum on LTT. And its not like PS2 at all.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Advice from someone who doesn't play SC but is very excited about it: don't buy in, give it a little while longer until it has a fixed release date. It'll probably come out, but its development has been very troubled. 

28 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Just pick up Elite Dangerous if you want a hard space simulator, star citizen is going to offer more in the end, but it's not anywhere near finished

the thousand dollar options are just silly

Overall, they're probably promising far more than they can ever really deliver, it's why it's taking so long for how much money they've gotten

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Okay thanks for some of the advice. I think I will wait until there's a set release date.

3 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Okay thanks for some of the advice. I think I will wait until there's a set release date.

You'll be waiting until 2040

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You'll be waiting until 2040

So be it. I don't put excessive funds towards things that are purely entertainment and I like to know what I'm getting is a completed product.

9 hours ago, Okjoek said:

So be it. I don't put excessive funds towards things that are purely entertainment and I like to know what I'm getting is a completed product.

Here's a recent interview on the Alpha 3.0

Spoiler