Preventing leaks from damaging things

Would it make sense to tip the pc over to it's side just to prevent anything from leaking on your components? Or would it cause issues with bubbles and whatnot + heating of motherboard components? Basically, you install your aio or whatnot, then lay the pc on it's side, cable side at the top. Motherboard will be upside down. So any leaks will drop directly on the side panel and not make any contact with any components outside of a strong splash.

In theory, yes. Just be careful in ensuring all of your components can be inverted in such a manner, and nothing is hanging etc.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

18 minutes ago, TenThousand said:

Would it make sense to tip the pc over to it's side just to prevent anything from leaking on your components? Or would it cause issues with bubbles and whatnot + heating of motherboard components? Basically, you install your aio or whatnot, then lay the pc on it's side, cable side at the top. Motherboard will be upside down. So any leaks will drop directly on the side panel and not make any contact with any components outside of a strong splash.

The likelihood of a leak is pretty low so it wouldn't be something to stress out about especially for sealed units, for custom loop if you leak test and prep it properly at the beginning it's very unlikely to have issues later on.

The only sure fire way to prevent a leak from damaging any components is to use air cooling. Air leaks don't damage anything... this has been proven by science. :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

i dont know how much presure are in the  tubes  but  if  there is a leak  water  dont  just will fall  the pump will trow away some onthe component

As long as you leak test it for at least a few hours when you first put a loop together you can just put paper towels everywhere just to make sure. But as long as your system is powered down it should be ok even if some water does get on a component so long as you give it ample time to dry before powering it back up.

Desktop: Intel i9 9900K 5Ghz | MSI z390 ACE | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | 32 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 Mhz | 500GB 970 EVO | 500GB 940 EVO | 1TB Intel 540s | 500GB Crucial CT500MX | EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W | Custom loop CPU + GPU

Server: Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz | Gigabyte B450M | 16GB G Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz | MSI GT 710 | 500GB Crucial P1 | 4TB WD Red | EVGA SUPERNOVA 550W

Could just leave it like normal and wait for a leak. Chances of serious damage are slim. Especially with an aio. Isn't much to worry about unless you broke it before install. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

If you use quality components and not some homemade made in china loop then its already small chance of leak.

Bad idea if your pump is above the radiator, as any air bubbles will culminate at the highest point in your loop, that being your pump.