Planetside 2 Settings

Paytend01

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the settings/frames that I would get on planetside 2 with an I3 - 6100 , 1060 and 8gb of ram. 

What is the reason you can't play the game yourself to get an actual number?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

PS2 is a CPU Butcher. But there are ini settings to boost fps. Just google Planetside 2 fps improvements.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I've seen videos of people playing on dual core CPUs at max settings and the game's playable, but it does benefit from having 4 cores. With that GPU and RAM you should be fine. I would say yes you play the game. I personally would experiment with lower settings to see if you get better frames.

Loyalty until death, Strength in unity!

8 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I've seen videos of people playing on dual core CPUs at max settings and the game's playable, but it does benefit from having 4 cores. With that GPU and RAM you should be fine. I would say yes you play the game.

Depends heavy on whats going on. 96+ fights in a dome and the cpu goes nuts ^^.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

Depends heavy on whats going on. 96+ fights in a dome and the cpu goes nuts ^^.

Well even my CPU hurts in those fights. I'm just saying I think the game is playable, not necessarily well optimized for the task.

10 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Well even my CPU hurts in those fights. I'm just saying I think the game is playable, not necessarily well optimized for the task.

Ya sure it is. I played it with my last i5 too. 

3 hours ago, Ivyk said:

What is the reason you can't play the game yourself to get an actual number?

I dont own the parts yet, im just seeing what i could get with the 6100 and 1060

52 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I've seen videos of people playing on dual core CPUs at max settings and the game's playable, but it does benefit from having 4 cores. With that GPU and RAM you should be fine. I would say yes you play the game. I personally would experiment with lower settings to see if you get better frames.

Eww TR

A 6100 and a 1060 should net you pretty decent frames with the settings cranked up but as said in big fights you'll feel the hurt. If you're wanting to push 120fps or more you're gonna really struggle to hit that outside of low pop hexes

Ignore this TR traitor posting here, Papa Vanu will guide you to the light

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

1 minute ago, TheElt said:

A 6100 and a 1060 should net you pretty decent frames with the settings cranked up but as said in big fights you'll feel the hurt. If you're wanting to push 120fps or more you're gonna really struggle to hit that outside of low pop hexes

Ignore this TR traitor posting here, Papa Vanu will guide you to the light

Vanu = Best IMO their weapons are crazy good. Especially the sniper rifles. 

8 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

They've all got ups and downs, like NC with the Iwinguard (Love that thing). I'm not a fan of snipers myself, apart from the Ghost and Phantom if I'm in the mood. Infiltrator + Sirius = God tier fun

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

1 minute ago, TheElt said:

They've all got ups and downs, like NC with the Iwinguard (Love that thing). I'm not a fan of snipers myself, apart from the Ghost and Phantom if I'm in the mood. Infiltrator + Sirius = God tier fun

Infiltrator is my second favorite, i really enjoy medic usually

1 minute ago, Paytend01 said:

Infiltrator is my second favorite, i really enjoy medic usually

I never got into the medic, don't play it enough to invest into a new gun for the class but I bought res nades for outfit stuff, they're so stupidly useful

15 minutes ago, TheElt said:

I never got into the medic, don't play it enough to invest into a new gun for the class but I bought res nades for outfit stuff, they're so stupidly useful

You an infantry guy or a vehicle guy?

35 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

I actually enjoy using NC guns the most, but their reason for existing is just stupid to me. TR is the faction I would pick in TR vs NC scenario. As for the VS I do often take a break from TR to bathe in the radiance of Vanu's wisdom, but what I really like about VS is how they feel to me like the Planetside Universe's version of the Star Trek Eugenics war. And the whole idea of augmenting ourselves with technology is really cool and kind of expands on the love of technology that brought me to join LTT community.

Just now, Okjoek said:

I actually enjoy using NC guns the most, but their reason for existing is just stupid to me. TR is the faction I would pick in TR vs NC scenario. As for the VS I do often take a break from TR to bathe in the radiance of Vanu's wisdom, but what I really like about VS is how they feel to me like the Planetside Universe's version of the Star Trek Eugenics war. And the whole idea of augmenting ourselves with technology is really cool and kind of expands on the love of technology that brought me to join LTT community.

Yeah the tech on the Vanu is so cool. I really like their vehicles also, the mag rider  is so cool :D

24 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

You an infantry guy or a vehicle guy?

I've been leaning pretty heavily into vehicle play when I can, mainly the Lightning because I'm a solo scrub but harasser and maggie runs can be fun with a decent gunner/driver

29 minutes ago, TheElt said:

I've been leaning pretty heavily into vehicle play when I can, mainly the Lightning because I'm a solo scrub but harasser and maggie runs can be fun with a decent gunner/driver

Harassers are my favorite...