Trump: Internet control belongs to US. Period

captain_to_fire
15 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Nobody said she was, just because someone attacks Trump doesn't mean they think favorably of Clinton. Both have about 60% disapproval ratings so the person is more likely than not to not care for either nominee. 

She has very limited knowledge of technology which is evident from her statements to the FBI.

Don't say that they are a model of democracy, they can't elect people they resent ;)

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

but the thing is, the international organisation was for all intents and purposes already under control.

Under control and ownership are two different things.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

but the thing is, the international organisation was for all intents and purposes already under control.

Under control and ownership are two different things.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

16 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

If i dont fully know what a DNSor URL is, I sure as hell am very positive he doesn't remotely even know how to enter a regular URL into an address bar. 

he have people to do that job for him.

Money can buy you a lot of things, but not intelligence

17 hours ago, gtx1060=value said:

I fully agree, sorry my american friends, but america thinks that just because it has military might, it can force it's neighbours and allies to do whatever the hell it wants to. That may work today, but there will be a new era at some point in the future maybe.

Fixed that for you.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

@stconquest

I have no problems with accents, I have problems with people who cannot communicate in clear English.

My problem with refugees, if that's where we're going to go, is that they run away from their homes with their hands out.  If war broke out here(very unlikely, I know) would they run again or stand up for this nation?  While I have no desire to fight someone elses war, on someone elses land, if war came here I would fight for my home, my homeland.

I don't care what color your skin is, what language you speak in private, I just want to know you love this nation enough to fully integrate and put your life on the line if needed.  I don't think our PM could have picked a better Minister of Defense, an immigrant who served with distinction. 

8 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

That "paperwork" can change everything. The Magna Carta was also written on a piece of paper and it made lots of changes.

To be pedantic, it was written on parchment, which is why copies still exist to this day. Paper didn't arrive in England for another 250-ish years after Magna Carta.

Back to the original topic; clearly Trump knows nothing about how the internet works. But 99.0-99.9% of politicians around the world don't either, so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Trump's nationalism strikes again...

I guess he wants to build another wall now : the Great Firewall of Mexico, paid by the Mexican govt,ofc.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

6 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Back to the original topic; clearly Trump knows nothing about how the internet works. But 99.0-99.9% of politicians around the world don't either, so I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Hey! Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull "basically invented the internet in Australia"
-Then Pm Tony Abbott....

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Being a president in US is an illusion of control. President is nothing more of a PR guy. He can suggest reforms but he can't just do whatever he wants.

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Monkey Dust said:

To be pedantic, it was written on parchment, which is why copies still exist to this day. Paper didn't arrive in England for another 250-ish years after Magna Carta.

Correction 99% of people ? ;)

On 9/22/2016 at 6:29 PM, shdowhunt60 said:

So, basically he's good, because he benefited you specifically and screw the other guy. And people wonder why the west is failing.

What other guy? I'm suspecting you're talking about the wealthier people.

Because honestly those people could afford to pay more money or at least have less loopholes to avoid paying taxes. But I'm curious how many of those wealthy people actually worked to get where they are, and if they by chance started out possibly already on the wealthier side of things. Of course growing up in poverty doesn't mean that will be the result but more often than not it is the result. I mean Trudeau seems to be doing pretty well for Canada. But I'm not Canadian, I mean I live moderately close to Canada ~6 hours to a large(r) Canadian city. 

On 9/22/2016 at 8:11 PM, NavyCuda said:

I can't stand the liberals.  They're back at the trough, sucking tax payer money up as fast as they can.  I can't stand the Conservatives, as they are liars.  The NDP, well... crazy.

The other big thing against the liberals is how they've pushed multiculturalism so hard that Canadian culture is being diluted.

Understandable.

I can't tell if you're complaining about diversity or what. Because I think diversity is fine, though I don't think natives should have to assimilate to what the immigrants want, as it should be the immigrant trying to assimilate into the local culture. Of course if they desire to keep some of their identity it might be fine. Of course there might be some fine lines but idk...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

He clearly doesn't understand the concept of "the Internet". Then again, I don't think any politician does.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, VPrime said:

Original article from the Verge: Donald Trump still doesn't understand how the internet works:Republican presidential candidate says relinquishing control over ICANN will mark the end of internet freedom

Donald Trump's national policy director's currently proposed policy is something akin to "American internet freedom is more important that the rest of the world's freedoms."

Senator Ted Cruz also seems to support this idea:

Apparently, ICANN has nothing to do with free speech online:

So, that being said, how does ICANN work and what does it do?  Are there videos explaining this?  If it hypothetically wanted to favor one country or another, what could it do?  These are questions not answered in the article and that I think discussion will answer.

I'm sure everyone had already said this but,

The ICANN basically own the domain names and domain name extensions and sell them to companies. E.g. They created the .sucks extension in 2015.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Saw a row of barrel cones blocking a sidewalk the other day. At first i though it said trump and was about to take pic. Instead, it says triump.

Barrel cone

Spoiler

Cones_and_Barrels_4_grande.PNG?v=1459541

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 22/09/2016 at 6:59 PM, Atmos said:

whether he knows what dns or url is, is irrelevant. 

He understands though that handing control of the internet to countries who strictly censor anything anti-government, or anytbing they feel harmful, is quite possibly the worst decision the us can make.

I am, for once, in 100% agreement with trump. 

Unless this is stopped, we can all kiss the internets freedom of information goodbye. 

OH, ye ol "we need nukes because we think they have nukes" 

Also, how the fuck is anyone "handing control" of the Internet over to the fascist/censorring governments. My understanding is that the internet is basically a bunch of interlinked point to point networks, how can China control networks in Ireland? 

Edit: and is letting the US government control the Internet really much better? Who knows who might be in power in 20, 30, 100 years. 

- snip-

He may need to build a giant firewall, the best firewall. But don't worry, surely Mexico will pay for it.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

OH, ye ol "we need nukes because we think they have nukes" 

Also, how the fuck is anyone "handing control" of the Internet over to the fascist/censorring governments. My understanding is that the internet is basically a bunch of interlinked point to point networks, how can China control networks in Ireland? 

Edit: and is letting the US government control the Internet really much better? Who knows who might be in power in 20, 30, 100 years. 

We're handing over control of mass distribution of ip addresses and dns control to a group controlled primarily by the UN security council, which itself, is composed of 2/5ths nations (China and Russia) that blatantly censor and abuse their citizens. And enough fucking bashing on the US, for christ sake. We're not as fucking bad as countless others want to make us out to be. If we're going to hand over control of DNS or ip allocation to someone they absolutely 100% CANNOT be allowed to have any sway from countries like russia or china. These countries have currently extremely anti-personal freedom agendas and blatantly censor and abuse their citizens. Keep in mind in russia it is ILLEGAL to be homosexual, and in China even talking ill about the communist party can have you jailed for life. That is 100% objectively a horrible idea. Just like you wouldnt hand over law enforcement to a group that has a stake in criminal endevours.

I don't care if that sounds like a shit deal for the people in those countries. I do not care in the slightest. If they want a say in what the rest of the world does, then they need to fix their own governments.

As for the second part of that post, I'm going to completely throw in the trash where it belongs. Why hand over our current freedoms to nations who have a long track record of abuse, horrific acts, and blatant denial of personal liberties; because of a hypothetical, whimsical "We don't know who will be in control in the future!" mindset. Crazy hypothetical situations hold no value what so ever, anyone can say anything as long as they say "what if"

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

We're handing over control of mass distribution of ip addresses and dns control to a group controlled primarily by the UN security council, which itself, is composed of 2/5ths nations (China and Russia) that blatantly censor and abuse their citizens. And enough fucking bashing on the US, for christ sake. We're not as fucking bad as countless others want to make us out to be. If we're going to hand over control of DNS or ip allocation to someone they absolutely 100% CANNOT be allowed to have any sway from countries like russia or china. These countries have currently extremely anti-personal freedom agendas and blatantly censor and abuse their citizens. Keep in mind in russia it is ILLEGAL to be homosexual, and in China even talking ill about the communist party can have you jailed for life. That is 100% objectively a horrible idea. Just like you wouldnt hand over law enforcement to a group that has a stake in criminal endevours.

I don't care if that sounds like a shit deal for the people in those countries. I do not care in the slightest. If they want a say in what the rest of the world does, then they need to fix their own governments.

As for the second part of that post, I'm going to completely throw in the trash where it belongs. Why hand over our current freedoms to nations who have a long track record of abuse, horrific acts, and blatant denial of personal liberties; because of a hypothetical, whimsical "We don't know who will be in control in the future!" mindset. Crazy hypothetical situations hold no value what so ever, anyone can say anything as long as they say "what if"

Just imagine if the UK or Scotland had control over the internet.  People who troll could be arrested, talking bad about feminists could be a hate crime, and thought policing would be rampant.  Or if Germany ran the internet - any WW2 documentary or anything with the title, "WW2, or Hitler" would be censored and the website or youtube channel attemptively shut down.  Anyone who leans conservatively or right-wing, even center-right would be watched, because clearly they're more radical than the Syrian/Afghani invasion on their soil.  Russia is another fine example, homosexuals go to Gulag, and in China dissenters are imprisoned or their cat is sold for chow mein.  The U.S. isn't the greatest country on the planet.  We used to be.  We've fallen in to neocon / PC traps, but we're still a hell of a lot better than everyone else.

And we should nuke Israel

On 23/09/2016 at 6:23 PM, NavyCuda said:

@stconquest

I have no problems with accents, I have problems with people who cannot communicate in clear English.

My problem with refugees, if that's where we're going to go, is that they run away from their homes with their hands out.  If war broke out here(very unlikely, I know) would they run again or stand up for this nation?  While I have no desire to fight someone elses war, on someone elses land, if war came here I would fight for my home, my homeland.

I don't care what color your skin is, what language you speak in private, I just want to know you love this nation enough to fully integrate and put your life on the line if needed.  I don't think our PM could have picked a better Minister of Defense, an immigrant who served with distinction. 

you sir are an idiot do you even know what life is like for most refugees what they came from? educate yourself and look up whats actual happening in the world

37 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Just imagine if the UK or Scotland had control over the internet.  People who troll could be arrested, talking bad about feminists could be a hate crime, and thought policing would be rampant.  Or if Germany ran the internet - any WW2 documentary or anything with the title, "WW2, or Hitler" would be censored and the website or youtube channel attemptively shut down.  Anyone who leans conservatively or right-wing, even center-right would be watched, because clearly they're more radical than the Syrian/Afghani invasion on their soil.  Russia is another fine example, homosexuals go to Gulag, and in China dissenters are imprisoned or their cat is sold for chow mein.  The U.S. isn't the greatest country on the planet.  We used to be.  We've fallen in to neocon / PC traps, but we're still a hell of a lot better than everyone else.

And we should nuke Israel

america is a joke. this is a country with serious gun issues, that sees more under 25s killed by guns than car accidents, that sees a mass shooting a day and is such a common occurrence that in most cases it just about makes the local news and yet if you try to ban guns you all through a fit and start banging on about a document created 300 years ago and how its your god given right to kill each other. it has huge issues with institutional racism to the point that police are shooting black people for shits and giggles. you have a piss poor welfare system that see children go hungry on a daily basis whilst at the same time sees some of the worlds most disgustingly rich people con other people out of there money. your government is massively corrupt to the point that your own president cant get laws passed due to major organisations/companies buying votes. you still execute people, a fact you share with countries like north Korea, Iran and Iraq. your healthcare systems treats based on wealth, and sees millions of poor live in pain because they cant afford to be treated, i mean FFS healthcare is a UN human right! you are miles away from being better than everyone else. right know your a laughing stock. i mean people thought you were stupid for re electing bush but her we stand on the brink of seeing turnip, sorry trump getting elected.......jesus christ.

oh and BTW scotland and the UK are one and the same

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

No single country has control over the internet and never will, that's not how the internet works.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

you sir are an idiot do you even know what life is like for most refugees what they came from? educate yourself and look up whats actual happening in the world

america is a joke. this is a country with serious gun issues, that sees more under 25s killed by guns than car accidents, that sees a mass shooting a day and is such a common occurrence that in most cases it just about makes the local news and yet if you try to ban guns you all through a fit and start banging on about a document created 300 years ago and how its your god given right to kill each other. it has huge issues with institutional racism to the point that police are shooting black people for shits and giggles. you have a piss poor welfare system that see children go hungry on a daily basis whilst at the same time sees some of the worlds most disgustingly rich people con other people out of there money. your government is massively corrupt to the point that your own president cant get laws passed due to major organisations/companies buying votes. you still execute people, a fact you share with countries like north Korea, Iran and Iraq. your healthcare systems treats based on wealth, and sees millions of poor live in pain because they cant afford to be treated, i mean FFS healthcare is a UN human right! you are miles away from being better than everyone else. right know your a laughing stock. i mean people thought you were stupid for re electing bush but her we stand on the brink of seeing turnip, sorry trump getting elected.......jesus christ.

Many people are killed by guns, yes.  And that accounts for less than a percentage of deaths in the country per year.  The majority are thanks to our eating habits.  Car accidents are actually a greater killer of life.  In Georgia you'll find a road-sign that says, "We're proud to only have 3000 deaths this month!"  Car accidents are much more common.  It's a document made 300 years ago in order to ensure the U.S. citizens have an easier time to overthrow their government, if it stops working for them.  They didn't want another hard fought revolution in the future if they ended up tyrannical.  Black people are shot when they don't comply, when they ignore orders, when they try to run over cops, when they assault cops, when they point guns at cops - that's not racism when 13% of the population commits 47-59% of all the crime.  Welfare only works when it is used not as a life-long solution but a momentary and passing support system, many people, many people use it as free living for their whole lives when they can work.  In once great societies like Sweden, the system worked well, and now the system is being depleted due to "immigrants" who don't work, have no intention to work and no intention to learn the language, so they drain the welfare.  Similar here.  We do have an overly-disgusting head at the top of corporate-crony capitalists both running the country through international means, and who buy and sell the politicians.  Execution is a good thing, our means of doing it is the problem.  A bullet is cheaper than a multi-thousand or hundred-thousand lethal injection.  Healthcare is based on wealth, if you want the best you pay the best, and if you can't then you get basic health care until you can lift yourself up.  You know what is wrong?  When we have a semi-socialist healthcare system where you are penalized for not having healthcare, and the rates are raised 16% yearly due to many healthcare companies folding under the economic pressure and mass debt.  

Bush was, by all means--a massive neocon and a huge fucking mistake, and so was the democrat alternative(Both parties are due for a purge).  That was a lose-lose.  In the end we are still better.  Trump should make the rest of the world ecstatic, he wants to pull the U.S. out of everything - sure you all will have to pay more and more in NATO and the UN, but we'll finally stop meddling in the world.  We'll be focusing on ourselves, getting some us time, and reflecting on all our debt and mistakes.  It'll be swell.

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

There is virtually no institutional racism in the united states, there is only perceived racism from the uninformed.

During a standard stint in college working towards becoming an officer you get to learn some fun little facts here in the US.

Like the fact that the black male population makes up only around 7% of our population, however, that tiny 7% is responsible for nearly 41% of officer killings.

You also learn that, the same 7% minority is responsible for initiating over 84% of violent crimes against people of other skin colors.

That's not racism, that's not hate speech, those are simple objective facts.

Now knowing that, put yourself in an officers shoes. You apprehend a suspect and attempt to place him in custody for questioning. He refuses to comply with your orders. He continuously tries to reach for his pockets/waistband. He finally makes a quick move towards his car/pockets/waistband refusing to comply to commands and you have less than a second to make a decision to either protect yourself, your fellow officers, and the community, or the heavy risk of taking a bullet or knife from this man.

Now is this because of some sort of bias from any one race or the other towards certain tendencies? No, I don't think so. It's simply a matter of up bringing and education. Black families in the US are a joke, a sad joke at that. Around 72% are raised by a single parent, where as the average is only around 25% across all families in the US. Lacking proper upbringing, civil discourse, and a constant victimhood mindset leads people to believe that the only way they can escape poverty, or make a name for themselves is by acting a particular way, and too often enough in the US that means they fall into illegal activities. If you want this "institutional racism" to end, then you need to look at the root cause; The crippling poverty in parts of the US, and the black family structure and upbringing.

Now for the rest of your nonsense.

Capital Punishment is banned in the majority of States in the United States.

Our Country is barely over 240 years old, not 300.

Our welfare system is temporary solution, not a cure. It is meant to be supplemented by WORK.

Our government is no more corrupt than any other major power, and miles better than many other superpower countries. Don't believe me? Let's take a quick look at the list.

1. Turkey, ruled by oppressive and extremely corrupt regime.
  2. Brazil, dominated almost entirely by poverty and drug cartels.
  3. India, corruption is very widespread through all sections of government both federal and local. Extremely impoverished.
  4. Russia, being homosexual is illegal and will land you in prison. Corruption is again widespread through federal government.
  5. China, routinely covers up public riots and massacres, censors everything coming in and out of the country, extremely impoverished, extremely corrupt.

Healthcare in our country is fucked. That much is easy to see. No argument there. If you have the money however, our healthcare is just as effective, it's not "miles behind" as you put it. It just needs greater availability. And once again, I point back to those other super powers you claim are so far ahead of us. (Turkey, Brazil, India, Russia, China) Yea, we're still decades ahead of them.

Bush was a moron who started a war on false pretenses, dragged this country into crippling debt, and forced us into where we are now with the middle east. 

Trump is still better than shillery clinton, who has been openly accepting bribes through her husband, and who has absolutely no interest but herself. I and many other's are fucking tired of lying politicians. We'd rather have an honest moron than a lying crook of a politician.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||