Apple patents a paper bag

spartaman64
6 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

"the iBag, it's the same, but costs more"

Edit: Seriously, what's next? The Apple water?

The Apple Car, apparently

6 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

It is named "bag" and here's how apple describes it.

"A paper bag is disclosed. The paper bag may include a bag container formed of white solid bleached sulfate paper with at least 60% post-consumer content."

“Bags are often used for containing items. For example, retail bags may be used to contain items purchased at a retail store.”

“The bag may be formed of a container and a handle.”

“Those skilled in the art will readily appreciate that the detailed description given herein with respect to these figures is for explanatory purposes only and should not be construed as limiting.”

“The phraseology or terminology used herein is for the purpose of description and not limitation, such that the terminology or phraseology of the present specification is to be interpreted by the skilled artisan.”

So "bag" is going to made of 60% recycled material and apple says they are doing this to help the environment but if that is really the motive wouldn't they want people to copy "bag" and I don't get how you can patent this and why would you want to. And I don't see anything artistic about "bag" but then again I am not a "skilled artisan" so I am unqualified to interpret "bag".

Source: http://gizmodo.com/apple-unveils-bag-1786815544 

seen it!

6 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

"the iBag, it's the same, but costs more"

Edit: Seriously, what's next? The Apple water?

oh..

The iWater. Its a Joke for all the people who thought it was true . dit Water Clean. Simple Wet. If you' been drinking the juice, you' re ready to drink the wat

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 hours ago, themctipers said:

seen it!

oh..

How much does it cost? xD

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

9 hours ago, ElfFriend said:

I believe that would be called Apple juice. Of course Apple would just patent it and then sue actual apple juice out of business. Enjoy your apples while you can guys!

this. this is the fucking funniest thing i have read in forever I am in tears man! xD xDxDxD xD xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The USPTO employee that signed off on this patent should be fired. Heck, if it was up to me there would be criminal charges for accepting blatantly meritless patent applications like this.

When did Gizmodo start taking up satire? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

15 hours ago, Notional said:

Pointless... even if granted, they would never be able to use it due to prior art.

You underestimate the power of the U.S. Patent Office......and Apple.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

15 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

If i update it will it brick? 

they could put a brick inside and call it prebricked.

4 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

You underestimate the power of the U.S. Patent Office......and Apple.

power or lack of mental health?

Just now, Ashaira said:

they could put a brick inside and call it prebricked.

Apple Systems Incorporated is giving you formal notice of patent infringement claims and is relegating 9 hours of formal notice before proceedings are filed to begin September 30th 2016. If our legal team is not contacted within the specified period, we are required by U.S. trade law to inform you we will win such a legal confrontation and will take you for everything you are worth. Reply at 'SuckSteve'sNuts@YouWishYouCouldHaveOURJOBS.net/IncompetentRubesOnly'

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

Apple Systems Incorporated is giving you formal notice of patent infringement claims and is relegating 9 hours of formal notice before proceedings are filed to begin September 30th 2016. If our legal team is not contacted within the specified period, we are required by U.S. trade law to inform you we will win such a legal confrontation and will take you for everything you are worth. Reply at 'SuckSteve'sNuts@YouWishYouCouldHaveOURJOBS.net/IncompetentRubesOnly'

And i would like to counter sue you for false claims as i could not have your JOBS even if i wanted to as your JOBS is DEAD

27 minutes ago, Ashaira said:

And i would like to counter sue you for false claims as i could not have your JOBS even if i wanted to as your JOBS is DEAD

savage

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

17 hours ago, RS2007GOD said:

Money money money, Must be funny, in a rich mans world

More like "Money, it's a gas, grab that cash with both hands and make a stash."

Ye ole' train

17 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

How was the source behind this not the onion.

Current copyright law it's just as much of a joke.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Apple iBag: with new Plastic(tm) technology, you can move your stuff knowing that you're a complete moron for spending £3mil on a carrier bag. 

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

18 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

I am not a "skilled artisan" so I am unqualified to interpret "bag".

Yeah, you know what's up.

Me neither. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So thats where the irish tax reductions/support for apple went to

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Don't they need to patent everything they intend to sell? So later on they don't get hit with a lawsuit?

18 hours ago, RS2007GOD said:

Money money money, Must be funny, in a rich mans world

Quoting Reinxeed or the original I wonder... :D 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

Makes me remember of the time Monsanto wanted to patent methods of breeding pigs and breeding itself. G F...ing G

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

When did Gizmodo start taking up satire? 

That's implying Gizmodo ever was a good, reliable source of information.

58 minutes ago, Daring said:

That's implying Gizmodo ever was a good, reliable source of information.

Implying they're the technical equivalent of The Onion. 

On that note, writing satire is fun. I should post some here. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 hours ago, CaliJL said:

Don't they need to patent everything they intend to sell? So later on they don't get hit with a lawsuit?

No. 

:| Really Apple?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL