What's your favorite operating system?

vt3c

What's your favorite operating system?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite operating system?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8 or 8.1
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows ME
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 3.0 or 3.1
    • MS-DOS any version (Because why not)
    • Mac OSX
    • Ubuntu or any other version like Kubuntu etc.
    • Linux Mint
    • Kali Linux
    • React OS
    • Chrome OS
    • Other

THERE ECOSYSTEM!?!? THATS LIKE THE WORST PART!

dude listen i hate to be rude maybe i picked on the wrong apple fanboy :P 

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I just like their products and ecosystem.

I mean I get it, as a lot do... But I just can't get over the minimize, expand, and X buttons.... I'm just to used to Windows lol

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I don't know, depends what I'm using it for. I mean, I wouldn't use a hammer on a screw, that would be the wrong tool for the job.

I like playing games, so my primary computer runs Windows 10. Because that's where all the games are.

On my laptop, I switch OS all the time. Atm my laptop runs Windows 10 Preview, but I previously ran Fedora on it. Fedora was nice.

If you plan on gaming on Linux, I wish you the best of luck, it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be, but it's still a pain in the ass.

I'm also into server stuff, and if you plan on using Windows Server for hosting your shitty little blog, then you're doing it wrong.

But if you plan on using Linux for running an Active Directory controller, then I pity you, because that would be like hitting the nail with a screw driver. Sure, you'd get there... Eventually.

@Tosa I have a website I'm running off a home server,  I can't afford a bunch of nodes and all the other crap a server needs so i just use my pc, i use linux a lot mainly for coding.

3 hours ago, Orangeator said:

I mean I get it, as a lot do... But I just can't get over the minimize, expand, and X buttons.... I'm just to used to Windows lol

same

And like there is no right click it drives me nuts i swear to god

My current code projects

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

• working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

I'm used to it. I rarely use them on macOS though.. I mostly use keyboard shortcuts to close stuff on Mac.. 

2 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

THERE ECOSYSTEM!?!? THATS LIKE THE WORST PART!

dude listen i hate to be rude maybe i picked on the wrong apple fanboy :P 

you have already been plenty rude so.. and how can you say I'm an Apple fanboy when I use Windows 10 on my main pc? I just prefer macOS.

She/Her

and too close a app you have to right click the fucking application!!?!?! AND THERES NO RIGHT CLICK!?!!

alright, alright since you use windows on your main pc... hmmm I guesses we could accept you as a person that is not sentient...

My current code projects

Current repair projects

3 hours ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

alright, alright since you use windows on your main pc... hmmm I guesses we could accept you as a person that is not sentient...

Why so rude, this is a tech forum. Chill. -.-

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

I mostly use keyboard shortcuts to close stuff on Mac.. 

That's fair :)

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I had a macbook 2008 and i just got tired of it i sold it and went back to my normal setup windows and linux it was the worst investment ever. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

4 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

@Tosa I have a website I'm running off a home server,  I can't afford a bunch of nodes and all the other crap a server needs so i just use my pc, i use linux a lot mainly for coding.

Let me clarify my point: If you set up a new server, with Windows Server 2016 on it, paying for the license, then you're not spending your money efficiently. There's abolutely no reason to choose Windows if you're setting up a new server to run a basic webpage.

Nothing wrong with setting up a webpage on a server you already have running with whatever OS it's already running.

@Tosa I am beginning to have an email service take in place, I also run tf2 servers , and no it is pretty inexpensive

My current code projects

Current repair projects

9 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

and too close a app you have to right click the fucking application!!?!?! AND THERES NO RIGHT CLICK!?!!

there is right click. hold control and click. 

to close an application you use command+q on the keyboard. 

7 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

why do you have to insult people? if I had my way I would never use Windows again. I just hate it. 

6 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

That's fair :)

yeah.. my workflow on my MacBook is like I always have my left hand on my keyboard so I always have access to keyboard shortcuts.

5 minutes ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

I had a macbook 2008 and i just got tired of it i sold it and went back to my normal setup windows and linux it was the worst investment ever. 

2008 is 10 years ago. a lot of things have changed since 2008. why do you base your opinion of the entirety of Apple on one product? lets not forget that in 2008 the wreck known as Windows Vista was the current version of Windows. 

She/Her

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

there is right click. hold control and click. 

to close an application you use command+q on the keyboard. 

yeah and on windows all you do is right click simple

why do you have to insult people? if I had my way I would never use Windows again. I just hate it. 

I was joking dude

yeah.. my workflow on my MacBook is like I always have my left hand on my keyboard so I always have access to keyboard shortcuts.

ok

2008 is 10 years ago. a lot of things have changed since 2008. why do you base your opinion of the entirety of Apple on one product? lets not forget that in 2008 the wreck known as Windows Vista was the current version of Windows. 

I didn't get it this year i got the laptop 4 1/2 years ago

And before i got that mac i had a windows / linux setup i switched back to that setup but by the time i wanted to sell the mac so i could get my setup back that i adored so much it was worth around 200 bucks instead of 2000

so now i have a system like this *see my profile*

Listen dude if you couldn't tell i was joking maybe i was being to harsh, sorry about that. 

My current code projects

Current repair projects

3 hours ago, Tosa said:

Let me clarify my point: If you set up a new server, with Windows Server 2016 on it, paying for the license, then you're not spending your money efficiently. There's abolutely no reason to choose Windows if you're setting up a new server to run a basic webpage.

Nothing wrong with setting up a webpage on a server you already have running with whatever OS it's already running.

I dont use windows as my server os and secondly, I run much more than just a webpage, I run an email client, several game servers and serveral websites and its nice to have a server because I can wake up and if i'm having a bad day I could at least tell myself "hey wait a minute i have a server everythings gonna be all right" plus its inexpensive.

windows server is way to expensive anyways

@DesertWarfare nice!

My current code projects

Current repair projects

Arch-linux, it smells like true freedom and customisation ;)

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

• 4 years later...

Ubuntu 22.4 Jammy Jellyfish is my personal favourite

Edited by The Linux Hero