NEED HELP DUAL BOOTING MAC AND WINDOWS

Liam Veale

I want to dual boot windows 10 and mac os yosemite i already have windows installed. What boot flags will i need i got a i5-6400 8gb ram gtx 960?

i would go for different drives for the installs atleast, more then that i cant say, i know barely anything about dualbooting in the first place

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Is this a hackintosh?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

7 minutes ago, Liam Veale said:

I want to dual boot windows 10 and mac os yosemite i already have windows installed. What boot flags will i need i got a i5-6400 8gb ram gtx 960?

MacOS can be very fussy about the hardware you use.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i would go for different drives for the installs atleast, more then that i cant say, i know barely anything about dualbooting in the first place

Different partitions needed, but MacOS can be a real pain when it comes to hardware compatibility.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

MacOS can be very fussy about the hardware you use.

Yeah but ik my hardware is compatible with MacOS

Just now, Liam Veale said:

Yeah but ik my hardware is compatible with MacOS

Including chipset and GPU? How do you know?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Liam Veale said:

I know that other people have used skylake cpu's and 960's for hackintosh

It's often the chipset that's a pain. Do you have 2 partitions on your drive? If so, install MacOS to one of those partitions.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Liam Veale said:

yes it is a hackintosh

Thread locked due to the Community guidelines.

Hackintosh discussions aren't allowed, please make sure to review and understand the Community Standards

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !