Michael Pachter: PCMR are arrogant, twits, and racist

NumLock21
1 minute ago, Commodus said:

I'd add that I don't think there's a skill gap between PCs and consoles -- there are game types enabled by the greater complexity of a PC's mouse and keyboard, but I wouldn't say that you're automatically a better player simply because you're good with a mouse and keyboard.  I'd like to see a skilled Overwatch PC player top the lists on consoles, or switch to a console-only game like Destiny.  The odds are that they'd have to not only relearn the controls, but adapt to a different play style... and they might not beat higher-level console players.

You would have to give the PC player the use of his preferred peripherals in order to ensure the skillset "is the same".  You can't just throw 2 players with equal skill and then handicap them with a peripheral that they don't have the same level of experience with.

PC Gamer (the magazine) tested this hypothesis with Halo for PC.  They took players from both sides, near equal skill backgrounds, and tested them against each other with their preferred method of play.  Guess who dominated.

I agree you don't just throw them a bone and they are then inheritably better; but for most games outside of platformers, 3rd person action games, etc., the preferred input of play is with a mouse and keyboard and has been proven so many times.  There is a vast skill gap between the two communities.  The next test could be seen with MLG CoD players going against ESEA CoD players.