Michael Pachter: PCMR are arrogant, twits, and racist

NumLock21

images (8).jpg

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

11 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

Not surprising considering he went to the University of Florida :P 

Ad hominem fallacy aside though, I don't understand why he is taking the PCMR thing which is very clearly a joke as something that's somehow serious.

Because there are - however much a minority - a subsect of PCMR who 100% believe it, non-ironically, and as such, act in such a way that paints PCMR as the less than savoury image that they hold today.

PCMR might have started out as a joke, but that's no longer an acceptable excuse.

"Oh lol it's just satire"

Sure - right up until people start believing in the lie.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm 100% a #PCMR elitist and I'm proud about it. 

PC is all I need and that's a fact. 

It's not like I never tried console gaming but I just don't like it because I fucking hate controllers. 

Deal with it. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

14 hours ago, Reutech said:

I'm at least one of those things.

I applaud an honest man. Leaving which one to the imagination though, oooh, fiesty.

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Because there are - however much a minority - a subsect of PCMR who 100% believe it, non-ironically, and as such, act in such a way that paints PCMR as the less than savoury image that they hold today.

PCMR might have started out as a joke, but that's no longer an acceptable excuse.

You should be veeeery careful with that way of thinking. It is exactly the same logic and reasoning used by racists and people who are against certain religions.

Here, I'll show it to you. The only thing I will change is "PCMR" for "Islam"/"muslims".

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Because there are - however much a minority - a subsect of Muslims who 100% believe it, non-ironically, and as such, act in such a way that paints Islam as the less than savoury image that they hold today.

Islam might have started out as a joke, but that's no longer an acceptable excuse.

This post is not meant to be a comment about PCMR or Islam. Just want to point out that your way of reasoning is very dangerous.

Dafuq? This is what you would expect from a stupid console peasant.

Imo the only arrogant racist in this story is michael himself >_>

Also, if the PCMR doesn't care about consoles, why is there then for almost every console a good working emulator for pc?

If PCMR didn't care they wouldn't exist, right?

Just an FYI owning a console is becoming more and more similar to owning a PC but that's just me probably.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

He's not wrong. No platform mixing or you're going to get chucked into an oven with the consolefags.

Heil Gaben!

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

This isn't even that bad. I've seen worst. A guy said that PCMR is racist and compared PC to white people and consoles to black people, which makes him the racist. Oh the irony.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

16 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Arrogance in moderation is fun.

We have no real option to "mix" with console gamers, because cross platform multiplayer only happens in like 3 games ever.

But yeah, that's out of order.

Well it's Sony's fault since they refused rocket league to implement a cross-platform multi-player for instance. If they prevented them, they might prevent it for a lot of other people.

Michael Pachter recording released: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/547198/PS4-Pro-Michael-Pachter-Xbox-One-S-PlayStation-Slim

originally Pacther denied using those words:

“I’ve never used the word “twit” in my life.

“I absolutely used the term racist, but only upon being questioned repeatedly about what I meant when I called PC gamers insular.

“The reporting here was irresponsible. I’ve done 6000 interviews over the last 15 years (we’re required to log them), and somehow, have been able to hide my bigoted side until today . . . I’m not sure what the “reporter” was trying to do, other than stir the pot. Yes, I said that the PS4 Pro probably wouldn’t appeal to PC gamers, The rest is just silly.”

Daily Star decided to release the actual audio recording in which Pachter made the comments

Daily Star: “For gamers that are more traditionally PC who have seen the announcement (PS4 Pro) may they be more inclined to maybe go for that?

Michael Pachter: PC gamers are like racists where they only like their own kind and they have no interest in venturing out and mixing with other races. PC Gamers are arrogant twits who are convinced at what they do is better than anyone else could possibly do.”

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

You should be veeeery careful with that way of thinking. It is exactly the same logic and reasoning used by racists and people who are against certain religions.

How is someone racist against a religion that by definition doesn't fucking involves a race? Sorry dude but you gone full Ben Affleck on us.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Here, I'll show it to you. The only thing I will change is "PCMR" for "Islam"/"muslims".

no, I don;t agree with this whole thought process

/r/pcmr is a group of people from different minorities (of all kinds) that say about console owners they're "console peasants"

/r/pcmr might've started as a joke, but a lot of people in the group take it very seriously and /r/pcmr does't moderate itself

24 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Michael Pachter recording released: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/547198/PS4-Pro-Michael-Pachter-Xbox-One-S-PlayStation-Slim

originally Pacther denied using those words:

Daily Star decided to release the actual audio recording in which Pachter made the comments

1 word, REKT.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

How is someone racist against a religion that by definition doesn't fucking involves a race? Sorry dude but you gone full Ben Affleck on us.

*Mcintosh*

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

This post is not meant to be a comment about PCMR or Islam. Just want to point out that your way of reasoning is very dangerous.

The difference is that @dalekphalm isn't judging the whole group for the actions of a minority. He is just pointing out that the reasoning of saying that all people who perpetuate PCMR do so as a joke is incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

I don't believe @LAwLz was trying to say that people who discriminate against Muslims are racist. I think she(that's what it says on your profile; correct if wrong) was trying to get across that there are people who are racist, people who disapprove of certain religions, and people who do both, but they aren't the same thing.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I remember when he was on GT and every episode he was bashing Nintendo back in the pre-Wii U days, when Nintendo was on top of the game. He always hyped himself up as some big-shot analyst that can do no wrong but he never had the sense to consider the Japanese market in a market segment where 2 out of the 3 companies in the fight are Japanese.

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

What? This comment doesn't even make sense. My way of reasoning is not dangerous at all. You're putting your head in the sand, plugging your ears, and going "LALLALALALALALALALALALALA" if you seriously believe that EVERYONE in PCMR treats it as a joke. They don't. It's a fact. See @Shakaza's comment below, as he is spot on about the meaning of my post.

Those who say everyone knows PCMR is a joke, are quite simply, incorrect. There are, however few of them, a sub group of PCMR that fully, 100% believes it's real (not a joke), and act accordingly.

Talking about Muslim's? Dafuq? Let's stay on topic, please.

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Agreed.

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

no, I don;t agree with this whole thought process

/r/pcmr is a group of people from different minorities (of all kinds) that say about console owners they're "console peasants"

/r/pcmr might've started as a joke, but a lot of people in the group take it very seriously and /r/pcmr does't moderate itself

Can't say that I'll say this very often, but I fully agree with you here! :P

1 hour ago, Shakaza said:

The difference is that @dalekphalm isn't judging the whole group for the actions of a minority. He is just pointing out that the reasoning of saying that all people who perpetuate PCMR do so as a joke is incorrect. 

I don't believe @LAwLz was trying to say that people who discriminate against Muslims are racist. I think she(that's what it says on your profile; correct if wrong) was trying to get across that there are people who are racist, people who disapprove of certain religions, and people who do both, but they aren't the same thing.

Spot on.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't believe @LAwLz was trying to say that people who discriminate against Muslims are racist.

Probably not but many people honestly do think that i.e. most Brexit opposers, most "progressive" students, etc. So him throwing that out there only adds to the issue, just like Pachter is adding fuel to the fire unnecessarily.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

When did I say it was racist to be against Islam? I said "Racist" and "people who are against certain religions". I explicitly differentiated between the two.

Fair enough.

I think judging an entire group of people (like Michael Pachter, anti-islam people, anti-gamergate, etc) on the actions of a small minority is a very bad and dangerous thing.

The way I read the post I thought dalekphalm was essentially saying "PCMR is bad. 'It's a joke' is not a valid excuse anymore".

Exactly. The whole reason why I added the "and" there was to make it clear that the same thought process is shared with multiple groups of people. In my head I can't even see how someone can read that sentence and assume that I am saying Muslims are a race.

The "female" part is a joke. People have refereed to me as "she" on here before so I decided to change my profile info. Feel free to imagine me as a cute pink haired loli though.

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

When did I say it was racist to be against Islam? I said "Racist" and "people who are against certain religions". I explicitly differentiated between the two.

Fair enough.

I think judging an entire group of people (like Michael Pachter, anti-islam people, anti-gamergate, etc) on the actions of a small minority is a very bad and dangerous thing.

The way I read the post I thought dalekphalm was essentially saying "PCMR is bad. 'It's a joke' is not a valid excuse anymore".

Exactly. The whole reason why I added the "and" there was to make it clear that the same thought process is shared with multiple groups of people. In my head I can't even see how someone can read that sentence and assume that I am saying Muslims are a race.

The "female" part is a joke. People have refereed to me as "she" on here before so I decided to change my profile info. Feel free to imagine me as a cute pink haired loli though.

My point is not that everybody in PCMR is bad. Because you're right, you cannot generalize an entire group like that.

I actually LIKED the old PCMR back in the days of Yahtzee and Zero Punctuation, when that shit was hilarious. But too many people drank the kool-aid and believe it.

My point was simply that there are some bad apples in PCMR, and while you cannot judge the entire group based on those actions, you also cannot pretend that the sub-group doesn't exist. It does. They're terrible. They're the equivalent (if we're gonna continue this analogy) of extremist fanatical Islamic Terrorists.

Regular Islamic people are totally fine and cool, and most of them are regular folks, and 99.9% of them do not want to perform any violent actions at all.

Extremism is bad in any form, whether it's religious, political, or fans of gaming.

We of course shouldn't judge any whole group by it's tiny minorities. We need to expose those fanatical elements for what they are, and realize that those elements are causing the whole group to get a bad name.

If people want to save PCMR as a funny and satirical thing, they should embrace exterminating the troll fucktards that actually 100% believe and act the way that these people are saying.