Folding@Home not utilizing GPU properly

Hello LTT forum,

I'm tying to get back in to F@H after a 4 year hiatus, and I must be doing something wrong. I have two work units running, one for my i7 4770k (CPU usage 100%), the other for my HD 6950. The problem is my 6950 is seeing only ~3-5% usage while F@H is running, and says 12.64 DAYS remaining for the work unit, while my CPU says 21 hours.

I'm running the "beta" crimson drivers if that makes a difference, but I figured I'd see if there's something I did wrong before going back to horrible Catalyst Control Center.

it could be drivers, I'm using a hd 6970 with the newest catalyst drivers and OC'd to 920mhz with no utilization issues.

Did you remember to leave a cpu core free?

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I've set CPU threads to 4 in the config, and restarted my PC, but CPU load is still at 100%. I reinstalled Crimson (not Catalyst) drivers, and my 2% progress that took all night on my GPU reset :( The odd thing is it IS running just extremely slowly, and it is detected properly.

For anyone who finds this in the future, the issue WAS drivers I guess. After completely wiping my Crimson drivers and installing Catalyst, I am seeing 99% GPU usage when folding, and ETA for the new Work Unit is 8 days. Disappointing that I have to use old drivers for it to work, but I'm looking to upgrade to an RX480 for Black Friday so hopefully Crimson drivers work there.

EDIT: After giving it like half an hour to work, GPU Work Unit ETA is now 15 hours not 8 days. So, we're good!