PS4 vs Pro

Demm
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
3 minutes ago, Demm said:

I am wondering what to get. I have 1080p TV and I can get the Neo in a few weeks, or wait till November to get the Pro version. I dont know what to do. Is the Pro version going to help with better graphics in 1080p? I heard there are going to be some enhanced games made for the Pro. It's all so confusing. Please help.

As far as i understand, all games will be available for both. no PS4 PRO exclusives (except for PSVR)

the PS4 plays lots of games at 720p, so if you want the full native resolution of your TV, get the PRO.

I am wondering what to get. I have 1080p TV and I can get the Neo in a few weeks, or wait till November to get the Pro version. I dont know what to do. Is the Pro version going to help with better graphics in 1080p? I heard there are going to be some enhanced games made for the Pro. It's all so confusing. Please help.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

3 minutes ago, Demm said:

As far as i understand, all games will be available for both. no PS4 PRO exclusives (except for PSVR)

the PS4 plays lots of games at 720p, so if you want the full native resolution of your TV, get the PRO.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Well, both are consoles, so they are both bad options.

Get a PC?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

32 minutes ago, Demm said:

well first off the Neo was the CODENAME for what is now called the Pro, so your question is the PS4 Slim now or the Pro a couple of weeks later at 100 bucks more, Frankly if you are going to be buying a new console it's best to get the more powerful model. but personally even putting aside how pointless consoles are, the PS4 has officially made itself even LESS justifiable to purchase, they finally announced the official specs on the Pro and it DOESN'T have a UHD optical drive, to me personally a UHD optical drive would be a defining factor in buying another console, much in the way the PS2's DVD playback was the reason I bought it and the PS3 was the cheapest Bluray Player at the time I bought it, now the Xbox One S is the cheapest UHD player and with a admittedly limited number of games supported, supports the Play Anywhere, where on supported games if you buy it for console you get it for PC as well, while the One S may be the less powerful of the 2 consoles when it comes to gaming, you shouldn't buy consoles for the QUALITY of the graphics (if you did you would just build a PC and have BETTER Graphics), the One S honestly makes more sense due to the OTHER features it has that the Slim and Pro are lacking.

So in short unless you NEED a PS4 for exclusive games or Playstation VR do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on it.

Yes PC fanboys vs console fanboys.

Yeah as far as I understand it, you can upscale the resolution through software somehow.

Linus talked about going from 4K res to 8k res in a game and getting 2FPS. By accident he claims ;)

1 hour ago, god_of_peanuts said:

Gaming is not bound by a platform, the first video game in the world had a dedicated machine built for it, thus 'a console' and had it not been for that invention, we might have never had gaming as we know it today

It was called a "computer"

https://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/200810/physicshistory.cfm

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If I'd buy the a PS4 I would definitely go for the Pro version.

At €100,- more (33%) you get a console with the actual power to run current gen games.

The normal PS4 and Xbox One were just underpowered and were not even able to run 1080p@30fps which is just ridiculous.

Considering your games will look better (higher settings), sharper (1080p vs 720p/900p) and run smoother (no frame dips) it should be an easy choice.

You shouldnt be spending €300,- on a 3 year old console that was outdated when in launched, when you can get a twice as powerfull one for only 33% more.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Thank you all for your comments. It really made it clear for me. I wasn't aware that there were games that were running in 720p on the PS. Pro it is then.

And as far as @Enderman said, that I should get a PC, he should look at my signature.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

1 hour ago, Demm said:

And as far as @Enderman said, that I should get a PC, he should look at my signature.

People are stupid. 

It's cool you're getting the Pro.  I have an OG PS4, and I pre-ordered the Pro.   Are there any games you had in mind? 

18 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

People are stupid. 

It's cool you're getting the Pro.  I have an OG PS4, and I pre-ordered the Pro.   Are there any games you had in mind? 

Well I am planning on playing: God of War 1 and 2 on Playstation Now, since there are no remastered versions. (I wanted PS2 only because of this game when I was little, but never got one).

GOW 3 and the upcoming one as well.

The Uncharted series,

UFC 2 because of my brother, so we can play something together.

The Last of Us.

inFamous.

Those are the exclusives... everything else I prefer getting on PC. Do you have any other good games to suggest?

20 minutes ago, Demm said:

Well I am planning on playing: God of War 1 and 2 on Playstation Now, since there are no remastered versions. (I wanted PS2 only because of this game when I was little, but never got one).

GOW 3 and the upcoming one as well.

The Uncharted series,

UFC 2 because of my brother, so we can play something together.

The Last of Us.

inFamous.

Those are the exclusives... everything else I prefer getting on PC. Do you have any other good games to suggest?

God of War is a great series.  I love those games.  1 and 2 were remastered for PS3 (all together with 3), but that doesn't really change its availability for PS4.  If you're into it, check out the two portable ones, too -- Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.  Those also made it to PS3 so they might be available in PS Now, too. 

All the others you mentioned (except UFC [sports aren't my bag]) I've also played.  Rock solid games.  You'll enjoy them all.