Youtube Heroes- Youtube to give points, perks for flagging videos, subtitles, ect

Syntaxvgm

:( i still havent gotten any reply as to wether or not im part of the Youtube Heroes program. "Sigh"

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

It's about time for youtube to die off, or at least break up a bit, for something better. Something less restrictive of speech.

I would say the same thing, but if YouTube still had a video history (where it shows the number of videos you've watched over time) then you'd see why I can't agree with you.

Seriously. I spend a good minimum of 1/3 of my day watching YouTube. I get home from school and watch YouTube. I watch YouTube more than I play video games. I've even figured out how to get top comments in pretty much everything, I'm like a top comment god now.

Just fucking make the dislike buttons work again, and give creators proper editing and moderation tools. That's all we need.

Not only YouTube disabled the downvote button on comments, the dislikes (or likes) on a YouTube video does little to nothing at all. And then they expect comments to be appropriate and appropriately voted.

Fuck no. If the dislikes ever worked, I would have disliked almost every single top comment on most videos. And we all know why, 99% of the time they're filled with unfunny jokes, edgy/trendy comments or trolls.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Just fucking make the dislike buttons work again, and give creators proper editing and moderation tools. That's all we need.

Not only YouTube disabled the downvote button on comments, the dislikes (or likes) on a YouTube video does little to nothing at all. And then they expect comments to be appropriate and appropriately voted.

Fuck no. If the dislikes ever worked, I would have disliked almost every single top comment on most videos. And we all know why, 99% of the time they're filled with unfunny jokes, edgy/trendy comments or trolls.

but dislikes hurt people's feelings...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎21 at 1:55 PM, goodtofufriday said:

To be very fair, Wikipedia is basically community monitored. So its not insane for YT to come to this.

However given the community that YT is this just isnt going to go well. 

On the downside, the communities are vastly different.

how long will it take before people start flagging the youtube heroes video for having "controversial topics" ?

10 minutes ago, Lilithty said:

how long will it take before people start flagging the youtube heroes video for having "controversial topics" ?

It's already happening.

I'd love to see analytics for the video. It would make my day.

also

13k likes.

570k dislikes.

6 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I would say the same thing, but if YouTube still had a video history (where it shows the number of videos you've watched over time) then you'd see why I can't agree with you.

Seriously. I spend a good minimum of 1/3 of my day watching YouTube. I get home from school and watch YouTube. I watch YouTube more than I play video games. I've even figured out how to get top comments in pretty much everything, I'm like a top comment god now.

Same here.

But if the viewers change services, to something new and different and not fucking entirely slanted to one side of the political spectrum, the content creators will follow.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

41 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Same here.

But if the viewers change services, to something new and different and not fucking entirely slanted to one side of the political spectrum, the content creators will follow.

Probably Twitch they just need to make very slight changes and people would adapt to a "live" format quickly.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Probably Twitch they just need to make very slight changes and people would adapt to a "live" format quickly.

Perhaps, but Twitch always takes for-fucking-ever to load for me.

The ads load instantly, but then the actual content takes forever and a half.

10 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Perhaps, but Twitch always takes for-fucking-ever to load for me.

The ads load instantly, but then the actual content takes forever and a half.

Well you do live using an American ISP. Unless is google fiber that doesn't tells me much, sorry to say.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Well you do live using an American ISP. Unless is google fiber that doesn't tells me much, sorry to say.

Oh I'm more than certain that it's my ISP being a dick, as usual.

so... anyone moving to vimeo?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

9 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I personally don't like a 'live' format. An edited and published video is way more appealing to me.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:48 PM, Crazy Ginger said:

Just wtf.  I hope in addition to the "heros" system there is a separate system for the villans of YouTube.  I.e., repeated false flagging will get your account restricted where you can't report people anymore temporarily with the punishment increasing for each time you get on that list.  

in my systems I let the banned people accounts function as normal, they think they are trolling but really their actions are not included.

They have no idea.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

I personally don't like a 'live' format. An edited and published video is way more appealing to me.

That's the "slight" changes I was talking about though: Twitch should allow people to upload VODs, within reason of course. Anyway you can edit VODs right? If I was me I would do a live stream but then edit the stream to my liking.

I've seen shows where they have an edited video out but they do broadcast their recording of it live and incorporate some audience elements and such but mostly do their podcast with takes and all to get a full video.

Honestly it comes down to this: would you rather adapt and work around what Twitch has to offer or would you rather leave your channel out to die due to Flaggots and just go back to an office job? Most creators will choose the second and Youtube will end up imploding.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 2016-09-24 at 6:18 PM, suicidalfranco said:

but dislikes hurt people's feelings...

I know you're being sarcastic, but the situation we have right now is orders of magnitude worse than what it used to be before YouTube fucked it up. Like I don't even get YouTube's thought process... at least by now they should have figured out what works and what doesn't... but nope.

23 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

so... anyone moving to vimeo?

People need to start taking this seriously. I've heard alternative video platforms come nowhere near good as YouTube, but people need to discuss and talk about them, since YouTube is consistently letting their content creators down.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

22 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but the situation we have right now is orders of magnitude worse than what it used to be before YouTube fucked it up. Like I don't even get YouTube's thought process... at least by now they should have figured out what works and what doesn't... but nope.

People need to start taking this seriously. I've heard alternative video platforms come nowhere near good as YouTube, but people need to discuss and talk about them, since YouTube is consistently letting their content creators down.

i'm currently trying mind.com 

seems nice and was built from the ground up with free speech at it's base. Also as monetization for content creators. So, lets see now if it will grow or die off

I think the idea is that they flag it to be moderated, not flag it as against copyright. YouTube staff will check if it really breaks the ToC, and if it does, it will be taken down. 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

2 hours ago, Crowes said:

I think the idea is that they flag it to be moderated, not flag it as against copyright. YouTube staff will check if it really breaks the ToC, and if it does, it will be taken down. 

Youtube never manually checks jack shit: they don't even check DMCA strikes even after both parties send multiple complains and raise a big stink on social media and usually when youtube invervenes at all, it's because one of the parties actually got a contact information for an actual fucking person at youtube, extremely fucking rare to get that.

So you mean to tell me that they will manually check the ToS violations that are just self policing better than they check DMCA takedown notices that actually potentially involve legal action? Fat chance.

-------

Current Rig

-------