Youtube Heroes- Youtube to give points, perks for flagging videos, subtitles, ect

Syntaxvgm
40 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So let's go back to when many where saying "Youtube isn't Censoring anybody by demonetizing videos". Given this new development I think it's pretty clear their intention is not legally censorship but pragmatically that was their fucking idea all along.

That's still not censorship.

I don't liker misusing words because I don't want the word "censorship" to become like "rape", where people just throw it around lightly until it loses all meaning.

Only use the word censorship while it is actually censorship, like if they were shutting the channels down and/or taking the videos down.

Anyway, I don't think this is related to the "censorship" thing. What people seem to fail to realize is that YouTube has nothing to gain from having less videos with ads on them. They would prefer to have ads on everything.

Besides, the "no monetization on controversial videos" has been going for a long time already according to h3h3. The only thing that changed recently was that YouTube sent out messages about it instead of doing it behind users backs.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

That's still not censorship.

Fine I am not disagreeing my point was intent, not semantics.

Anyway, I don't think this is related to the "censorship" thing. What people seem to fail to realize is that YouTube has nothing to gain from having less videos with ads on them. They would prefer to have ads on everything.

Besides, the "no monetization on controversial videos" has been going for a long time already according to h3h3. The only thing that changed recently was that YouTube sent out messages about it instead of doing it behind users backs.

And flagging has been going on for even longer than that. Since the very beginning.

Let's look back at the situations.

-Both things were already present on their system but were recently announced

-Both are said to be for the benefit of business, yet almost all content creators hate them. Hurting a business relationship with a supplier to favor a customer never makes sense: what the fuck are you going to sell to your clients without production? You need to keep both happy, period

-Both are said to be meant to help and come from really good intentions yet if anything we've seen anything but the opposite

-Both are said not to be politically motivated yet both have clear partisanship: Monetizing Syrian boy ok but fair discussion of terrorist attacks it's a no go. The new system? It talks about "building a home" basically safe space referenced right there in the promotional video it's clear partisanship to me.

Yes I am 100% aware that this is virtually all conjecture on my part, but I really think that this is a case where we outta look at the fucking smoke instead of immediately saying "Nope, can't be fire, don't even take a look"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Because people weren't already false flagging enough. 

Youtube want its funeral and to watch it too. Please, Internet Goss, make a viable alternative. 

Edit: has someone seen anything about YouTube in those leaked gamer gate Skype logs that basically confirmed that all of the large social medias were being puppet mastered by a small group of SJWs? 

- snip-

All of the sjw comunity is going to be all over this ans use it as proof that they do good work, it will be hell

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

This sums up my opinion on this:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm so tired of this sissy shit taking over, it drives me insane. Things like this spawn from all the crybabies complaining about everything being insensitive and offensive.  If you're one of these people you should go up in a mountain where no one can find you, stop bothering everyone.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

3 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'm so tired of this sissy shit taking over, it drives me insane. Things like this spawn from all the crybabies complaining about everything being insensitive and offensive.  If you're one of these people you should go up in a mountain where no one can find you, stop bothering everyone.

my dad got lost in the mountains, triggered, locked reported. you cis scum.

:>

- snip-

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

YouTube is going batshit crazy this time.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Brilliant. Let the "community" do our work for us, so we don't have to pay more people to moderate in-house! All the "perks" listed are just more responsibilities that Youtube will push onto the community and doesn't need to pay a dime to get done... But it's fine, because "you are a hero!". smh

I love level 4. Direct contact with YouTube staff. Creators don't even have that ability.

this is the wet dream of every hatter and SJW. i can totally see some troll bitting his time to get to level 3 just to mass flag every channel he doesn't like.

Every YouTube hero ever 

download (3).jpg

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

My old channel had 1 million views and was just terminated. Now I know why. Sure I had some questionable content, however I've seen worse getting by scott free and I had 600+ videos. Now I have to start all over and with fear that you make 1 person angry you get flagged. This is just terrible. That angry joe video can be flagged because he swears so much... what fun is that? If you don't like him, you'd obviously flag him wouldn't you? Pathetic. I had a few strikes that were completely unwarranted... the UFC gave me 2 I believe and it's the DCMA kind which you can't even appeal yet others warp the sound and video just to try to bypass the system. I had one particular video of a guy who broke his leg, and... it wasn't even the UFC's video. It was Legacy FC... how would I possible know the UFC owns any part of that company. When I went back and looked it up... I still couldn't find anything about it other than they have stuff on fight pass...  Absolutely terrible time for Youtube and I feel that anyone starting from here on in is going to have HUGE trouble... it's almost not worth trying. I had 716 subscribers, I think I have 3 now, ROTFL.

turning youtube into a safespace, and letting it join the likes of twitter and faceboook. Sad really

inb4 Milo's channel shutdown :ph34r:

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

YouTube Heroes is like Hungary pre 1956, a communist hell hole.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

are conservative and alt-right views going to be the one with the highest hit rate or are they going to just target people who drop the occasional f bombs?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 21/09/2016 at 3:48 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

In theory this is a good idea. Some troll is going to ruin this.

This was probably their answer to our algrothems sucks and flagging stuff and people are expensive so why not croud souce this.

Well the big issue is that people are represented as heroes not as conscientious or responsible users which will certainly lead to people abusing this power. No need for intentional trolling to make this program a disaster.

On 21/09/2016 at 3:48 PM, Crazy Ginger said:

Just wtf.  I hope in addition to the "heros" system there is a separate system for the villans of YouTube.  I.e., repeated false flagging will get your account restricted where you can't report people anymore temporarily with the punishment increasing for each time you get on that list.  

I sure do hope so. If not, Certain youtubers could be flagged might get flagged by fans of another competing youtuber. There is enough drama as it is on Youtube that we dont anymore of it

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

By the way YouTube it's being totally mature by submitting false DMCAs on the heroes video...yeah they're one step away from fucking swatting anyone critical of their fucking bullshit 

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

By the way this should be the official term for participants of this program:

fucking lmao 

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

By the way YouTube it's being totally mature by submitting false DMCAs on the heroes video...yeah they're one step away from fucking swatting anyone critical of their fucking bullshit 

so even youtube itself copyright trolls videos to censor them?

And how are we not supposed to be worried about third parties abusing this by censoring things like bad or negative news coverage or opinion videos? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

fucking lmao 

so even youtube itself copyright trolls videos to censor them?

And how are we not supposed to be worried about third parties abusing this by censoring things like bad or negative news coverage or opinion videos? 

To be fair it looks like they used some third party company they contracted the video to and they in term used some music and forgot not to claim it automatically. The irony however it's still there: false negative DMCA claims have been a constant torn and they've never taken a single fucking step to fix this automated DMCA system so unless they quickly back away from the Flaggots program well, my feelings are best sumarized by Joe's 1000 yard stare:

stare.PNG

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's about time for youtube to die off, or at least break up a bit, for something better. Something less restrictive of speech.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs