Youtube Heroes- Youtube to give points, perks for flagging videos, subtitles, ect

Syntaxvgm

Bet it must look fantastic on a job resume!

Résumé:

5 years experience as Youtube Hero

Job reply:

We are seeking people who had real jobs. Thank you for sending in your resume.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Yep, you heard it here folks. Youtube isn't just committing seppuku, they are making sure the blade is nice and sharp first. 

Here's a list of perks 

ei31Lnv.png

Ultimately, the problem in my opinion is the fact that treating flagging videos as 'heroic' and giving points for it turns mass flagging from 

to 

Which, I would like to point out, cursing is enough to get demonetized 

And if you take a look at reddit, people will do a lot for worthless internet points 

Edit

I did my best to simulate what subtitles will look like 

cl371Gh.png

EFUSCTV.png

YouTube is at it again.

bet the likes of thunderf00t are going to get hit hard

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Youtube does have it's issues right now let's be honest. Someone uploads a innocent video and the comments say like go kill yourself or something. There does need to be a cleanup. And the terms have been there for a long time, although they are enforcing it all wrong. YouTube does need to be cleaned up, but this is not the solution. They need actual employees who can review the flagged video. Yes employees cost money, but if you look at all the ad money YouTube also loses from demonetizing popular videos they could use that money to hire the employees to have common sense. The algorithm and community are too unpredictable, which happens almost anytime it is so big, and once that many random people have powerful tools atleast someone is going to use it wrong.

I can't wait to see how this is going to be abused.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

17 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Is that Amy Schumer?

yes. She is a terrible person. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Something is better than nothing. I like how Google incentivizes good behavior which will probably limit the trolls. Perhaps Heroes could option to display a badge next to their name or something, similar to Twitch chat.

1 hour ago, Inkz said:

Youtube does have it's issues right now let's be honest. Someone uploads a innocent video and the comments say like go kill yourself or something. There does need to be a cleanup. 

Yeah and putting extra attention on trolls doesn't gives them exactly what they fucking want, they go away when you feed them a lot....right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah and putting extra attention on trolls doesn't gives them exactly what they fucking want, they go away when you feed them a lot....right?

If anything it is just feeding the fire.

People with too much time on their hands, being given easily abusable power, dispatching others under ambiguous and censorious YouTube guidelines... heroes.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Remember some years ago when the anonymous false flaggers were wrecking Youtube? I was part of the YouTube community and made videos myself back then luckily I didn't get attacked but knew people who did and it was even worse than it sounds. Why YouTube thinks they can promote this instead of learning from their mistake is beyond me. Maybe they are really strict on who actually gets the power to do anything (possibly fixing the issue more than hurting it) I can see them filtering out the trolls by ignoring their reports and only taking the higher ranked heroes who are whitelisted seriously which sounds much better than leaving it all to a bot. 

Youtube is growing up, and certainly isn't the wild west of the internet it used to be, and that's not good news for channels with more flavorful language and undertones.

Obviously there are lots of questions here:

How easy is it for someone to get to 100 points, or Lv 3? 

Who partakes in the Lv 2 hangouts (required for Lv 3)? Will a Youtube community manager (do these even exist?) partake in EVERY ONE?

How well does Youtube know a Lv 3 volunteer?

How meaningful is each flag from the mass-flag feature?

How many mass-flags before someone at Youtube reviews it?

Does the video automatically get hidden after a certain number until review is completed?

... and certainly many more.

Without knowing anything about this, I can't really call this a lost cause. To call this censorship is jumping to conclusions to say the least. But there's a degree of historic evidence to back it up, apparently. How rigid has Youtube been with the latest rulesets? Haven't heard of anyone being taken down as a result but I don't really look for it either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think CSGO Overwatch has an alarming number of false positives, and a lot of relatively bad players participate in Overwatch and falsely flag players for hacking. Participants have hidden scores. On the other hand, people aren't relying on CSGO MM as their primary source of income, so standards must be much higher.

I don't know anything about League's user-reporting system. Riot is often the bane of internet jokes about "toxicity" though. Also Google is leaps and bounds better at deep learning than Riot if that's the direction they're taking this.

As for those hidden reliability scores for Lv 3 Heroes, community managers (Hello? Anyone out there?) or someone reliable have to set a baseline on offensiveness. I strongly believe that there is a way something like this can be successful, but I'm doubtful in YT's ability to steer this project in that direction given how little interaction they have with the public from what I've seen, even with creators from thousands to millions of subs. And vocal minorities sure are loud in some circles. Again, I don't know how much of a minority this touched a nerve on. A channel like VSauce realistically has little reason to fear, but some (many!) channels definitely have reason to voice their concerns to a point of contact. As a normal user of Youtube I don't see any of those contacts though. Youtube is a big place that is extremely limited in human resources.

- Monthly Unique Visitors (hypestat.net): 5,878,950,000

(visitors, not registered users, may not catch proxies, rotating IPs w/o cookies, secure browsing methods, etc.)

- Youtube notes 1 billion "users" on its stats page.

(whatever that means)

so take 1 billion. A million people who enjoy the controversial content would be around 1%. Not trivial by any means, but hey, 1% is 1%. And of that 1%, a much smaller, much more dedicated group would care enough to do anything about it.

On that point, I also don't know how significant these people are.

As amusing as they are, content from the verbally more "colorful" people like crit aren't for everyone. Which brings me to the question of why Youtube doesn't rigorously implement audience advisory filters so that people don't see what they don't want. Serious channel owners would be happy to warn users about their content beforehand. Also, perhaps limiting mass flagging to comments whose recipient permits comments they receive for mass-flagging could mitigate the issue of actual trolling.

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!

Heroes_logo.png

when you think YT can't get any more stupid ideas ... they get more stupid ideas ^_^

Youtubes best idea

Let trolls control channels O dear  

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

12 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

To be very fair, Wikipedia is basically community monitored. So its not insane for YT to come to this.

However given the community that YT is this just isnt going to go well. 

Wikipedia is by far from the gold, or even bronze standard when it comes to community management. Power trips up the wazoo; hypocrites in every talk page; banhamers flying left and right; unreputable sources being sourced/reputable sources not being accepted. It's a hellhole that anyone with a life outside of the internet avoids at all costs, which leaves those with no lives to seclude and protect their livelyhood even more. Shit sucks man.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Rewards is not really special unlike google tour which gives you 1tb google drives for 2 years. 

Magical Pineapples

9 hours ago, Kimmers said:

Something is better than nothing. I like how Google incentivizes good behavior which will probably limit the trolls. Perhaps Heroes could option to display a badge next to their name or something, similar to Twitch chat.

They're trying the League of Legends way! It worked for them as a good behavior incentive!

I hope this gets super abused within first coulle of days so they realise how stupid it is to give everyone power to flag videos :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 minutes ago, Thony said:

I hope this gets super abused within first coulle of days so they realise how stupid it is to give everyone power to flag videos :D

Well many youtubers with moderate to good pull and audiences are already, shall we say not actively encouraging but not actively disencouraging flagging the youtube heroes video. At this point it probably has half as many flags as it has views.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This sounds like a bad idea. YouTube needs less flagging bullshit, not more. 

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

This sounds like a bad idea. YouTube needs less flagging bullshit, not more. 

So let's go back to when many where saying "Youtube isn't Censoring anybody by demonetizing videos". Given this new development I think it's pretty clear their intention is not legally censorship but pragmatically that was their fucking idea all along.

-------

Current Rig

-------

how is this meant to pull the community forward? It's to big to let a thing like this happen without kicking shit and massive trolling.

/b/ sometimes has/had topic's where they raid a video with "RIP, such a great person has been lost" I bet that will return as "which video/account will we flag massively?"

May the light have your back and your ISO low.