Best Lens for Sony Alpha A6300

Yo Guys!

So I decided to make 4k videos for YouTube to be ready for the future.

I selected mid range Sony Alpha A6300 to record Tech Videos. If you have any other recommendation just post it below. :)

Now I want lens. I am a total new into camera and lens thing so i don't know what is f and aperture.

I just want to record videos like this one:

For more Instance, I attached some pics.

Now What do i want?

1. I want to record a video with a background blur. For example: when i have something to show (an object, smartphone...) the camera or lens will show only the main object in focus and all other things will be blurred....

2. When I record Profile Shot (when i am showing myself into the video), the camera will be able to focus on me and and all other things will be blurred and also in some cases... i want my camera or lens to not blur the background... means it shows everything or minimum blur (something like that)... 

Please suggest me the lenses for my above mentioned camera... it has e mount... but by using an adapter i can use other lenses also.

If Possible, Provide me the direct link of that lens.

Hope to hear from you Guys!

Peace

Manpreet

Screenshot (179).png

Screenshot (181).png

Screenshot (184).png

Screenshot (185).png

Screenshot (186).png

The problem with lenses, there aren't a ton for sony's e mount, so id personally stick with canon or nikon. If not that, id probably get a camera with a mft mount.

id probably get a used canon 5dii or a canon t6i/t6s. You can then get get something like a 50 1.4 for that low depth of field.

14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The problem with lenses, there aren't a ton for sony's e mount, so id personally stick with canon or nikon. If not that, id probably get a camera with a mft mount.

id probably get a used canon 5dii or a canon t6i/t6s. You can then get get something like a 50 1.4 for that low depth of field.

Which of these cameras has a 4K feature to record video?

2 minutes ago, Manpreet Singh said:

Which of these cameras has a 4K feature to record video?

Niether.

You don't need 4k. They will look about the same on youtube and will normally look the same or better.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Niether.

You don't need 4k. They will look about the same on youtube and will normally look the same or better.

Thanks. Just one more Question: is MX27AQ monitor supports gigabyte geforce 1070. Why i am asking??

Well, i have read somewhere that this graphic cards support g sync or free sync. I am not sure that this monitor will work. You can read more about both of these products on anazon.com 

thanks in advance.

The sony 18-105 F4 is a pretty good lens they say. Its very versatile so that is good. Otherwise you could invest in a few primes as the 16mm f/2.8, 35 f/1.8, and/or the 50mm f/1.8

There is a lot of options. The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 is said to be pretty good too and that will get a lot blurred out. The ones I have listed so far a "relativly" cheap but you can invest in expensive Zeiss glass that will cost you a lot more. Then you also have Voigtlander lenses that are pretty expensive but mostly not as expensive as the Zeiss ones. 

Then you can adapt most Canon EF glass with the metabones Sony E to Canon EF speedbooster. This one cost as much as a lens though but will allow you to use most EF glass.

My opinion is that you either do some more reading on what lenses you actually would need or buy and allround zoom as the 18-105 and then learn and see what focal length you use a lot and how they work before investing in more glass. (Since its expensive) Also consider getting a good lightning setup for recording. It will help a lot.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

5 minutes ago, Manpreet Singh said:

Thanks. Just one more Question: is MX27AQ monitor supports gigabyte geforce 1070. Why i am asking??

Well, i have read somewhere that this graphic cards support g sync or free sync. I am not sure that this monitor will work. You can read more about both of these products on anazon.com 

thanks in advance.

It will work fine. If your buying a nvidia gpu, id buy a g-sync monitor or a standard, no reason to pay extra for a feature you can't use.

Aperture is how wide the lens opening is that allows light to come in the lens.  A wider aperture allows for a shallower depth of field and vice versa. That is how the background can be out of focus, while the subject is in focus. 

Image result for apertureImage result for aperture

To get a blurry background effect you need to use a wide (low number) aperture/ f-stop. 

So you should select a lens with an aperture somewhere near or below f/2. More should still work, but you will have more room to play with with something like an f/1.8. 

The sony can indeed take a lens adapter that allows for autofocus, but it won't be that fast, and especially in video you may loose functionality like face detection etc. For example my a6000 with the commlite adapter will only allow for Single shot AF and takes a good 5 seconds to focus, sometimes, it wont find focus at all.

If you haven't got the camera yet and dont really want 4k, I would consider a Canon 80D instead, no 4k, but they have excellent autofocus systems and are used by many youtubers, and unlike the 5d2 it has a flip-out screen which should help you with your framing. 

One thing you should also know is that attaching a lens to an adapter like the metabones which is a speedbooster should (I'm not 100% sure on this, but I have heard about it.) narrow down your aperture by 1 f-stop, so a 2.8 lens would be at 3.5 etc. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here!).

A good combo in Canon lenses would be the EF 24-105 f4.0L IS for general shooting and something like an EF 50mm f1.4 prime for b-roll. The 50mm f1.8 is also good enough as a starter, but I prefer the f1.4 USM personally, its got a USM motor, which makes it quieter and thus will not be audible in the microphone. 

I have also seen creators adapt non AF lenses on the Sony for B-roll, which might be an option, but should require more editing (I suppose.) 

Regardless of your camera choice, be advised, sony e mount lenses are few in number, tend to be expensive relative to other equivalent lenses for other mounts, and there is no broad used market like the one for Canon lenses. If you really want to go sony, I have seen a7s in ebay for around the money you would pay for an a6300, used or refurbished ofcourse, here in the UK.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Owning the a6300 I would say the best video lens is the 18-105g. It's even the best lens to own for all around shooting. Defiantly a must have for any a6300 owner. Out of the 6 lenses I own I hardly ever take the 18-105g off my camera because it's that good and that versatile. I would also recommend the sigma 30mm f1.4. This lens is as sharp as it gets. Great bokeh and has great autofocus. Only thing I don't care for is that with the 1.5 crop plus video crop subjects need to be a bit far away. The 10-18mm lens is also amazing. It's an f4 but the examples you showed the subject is close to the lens allowing for more background falloff and the bokeh to somewhat develop. When looking for bokeh it's not just about the f-stop but also the distance your subject is from your lens and the distance your background is from your subject. Keep in mind all the prices on Sony lenses are going to go up in price on oct 1. That's when their semi annual sale is over. So for right now the 18-105 is $550 and 10-18 is $750

Also relooking at the shots ou posted I think he's using a wide angle lens. The bokeh isn't as strong as a really low f stop. Also look at minimum focus distance of whatever lens you want. That could be an issue depending on the type of shots you want.