Original Metal Gear Solid vs. Twin Snakes

xMishax

Ive heard a lot of good things about the first Metal Gear Solid and a lot of bad things about the remake of it - Twin Snakes. The question is which one should I play and why?
thank you :)

Bad things about Twin Snakes? I've always heard Twin Snakes is the superior one. The only bad thing is some of the voice acting changes. Gameplay wise, it's better if you ask me. It's more or less the same game but with upgraded graphics and MGS2 game mechanics (it runs on MGS2's engine).

34 minutes ago, B16CXHatch said:

Bad things about Twin Snakes? I've always heard Twin Snakes is the superior one. The only bad thing is some of the voice acting changes. Gameplay wise, it's better if you ask me. It's more or less the same game but with upgraded graphics and MGS2 game mechanics (it runs on MGS2's engine).

as much as Ive read everyone says that voice actors in twin snakes sound soulless, without any inspiration whatsoever. and they call it a crap remake. however I dont know should I believe them as they might be just hardcore fans and nostalgia just doesnt allow them to like newer version :D
Have you played it?

I have played it, and it's perfectly fine. Like I said, voice acting is the only real negative but lets be honest, the original wasn't exactly stellar in that department either. Not as bad as Star Ocean: Till the End of Time or Arc Rise Fantasia but still not great. Twin Snakes looks and plays better to me.