iPhone 7 Review

Dredgy

Best watched on a 21:9 monitor :P

The iPhone 7 was a product I was curious about so I bought one to play with for a few days and this is my initial thoughts (edited down for length, so I will probably release a future video that deals specifically with the camera).

I also did a small camera test with the iPhone 7+ and compared the 7 to my professional camera rig.

Pros

• Looks good
  • Water resistant
  • Enjoyable to use
  • Durable
  • Display is better, but took me a while to notice the improved color gamut. Is most noticeable when viewing photos.
  • Good camera, slightly improved over iPhone 6 but less so than the 6S. Most noticeable in low light
  • Very, very snappy
  • Extremely good haptic home button. Absolutely insanely good.

Cons

• iOS 10 feels bloated. F**k widgets - had to cut a rant of the video, but man. F**k widgets.
  • Largely cosmetic changes to software
  • Control center divided in to two sections for no real reason. The same controls fit fine on one section in iOS 
  • iMessage is definitely bloated and UI is worse with shrunken text box.
  • Aside from water resistance, little practical change from iPhone 6S
  • Camera on the smaller iPhone 7 isn't as good as Galaxy S7.

Con for now, but probably a pro in the future

• No headphone jack. Should force improvements in both wired and wireless headphones over time. Or fail spectacularly, I couldn't care less, but I'm assuming Apple actually did their research.

Final Thoughts

Simplified a bit, but basically it's not really any better than the iPhone 6S in real-life scenarios, even if performance is technically better. It's a good phone to use though and I still prefer iOS over Android, but Android is getting better and I feel like iOS is getting worse so I'm sure soon both will be indistinguishable.  Water resistance is really great for me, and if most of what I've read is true, it's probably waterproof.  The haptic home button had me sold though, infinitely better than any capacitive touch or onscreen buttons I've ever used. 

My iPhone 7 review:

Pros

- Wow it's really fast

Cons

- Damn why is this thing so fast all I wanted to do is check my notifications and now I'm on Vessel watching Linustechtips are everyone in the room is staring at me awkwardly.

Basically it's an overclocked iPhone 6S that they made water resistant. (oh and they removed something... I don't remember what). 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Nice review , thanks for the text input version along with the video

Details separate people.

12 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Nice review , thanks for the text input version along with the video

Well the video goes into a lot more depth! It turned out pretty well I'd like to think.

On 21/09/2016 at 1:04 PM, Daveeede said:

My iPhone 7 review:

Pros

- Wow it's really fast

Cons

- Damn why is this thing so fast all I wanted to do is check my notifications and now I'm on Vessel watching Linustechtips are everyone in the room is staring at me awkwardly.

Basically it's an overclocked iPhone 6S that they made water resistant. (oh and they removed something... I don't remember what). 

Yeah it is.  The cores run slightly higher than the ipad Pro and therefore it is on par with it 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro