Playstation 4 costs 1,800$ in Brazil

RespawnCake

@DeViLzzz Yes. It's probably the way things are gonna go down, and eBay has a HUGE market, specially in my home town.

A bunch of us started buying things over from eBay and it soon became a fucking fever! 

Also, someone quoted nuuvem.com.br which's a local online game site. It's Steam prices, which Valve keeps (somehow) at the same price as you guys in the U.S. pay for games, they only apply conversion taxes.

If you were to buy the retail box on a store in a mall, for example, you could expect almost a 100% mark-up.

I was in the U.S. earlier this year for easter and the price difference in the laptop I bought paid for the whole trip itself. No joke.

And by the way, it's not taxes, as some people said. Even though the average buying power here is much much lower than in the U.S., there is also a good amount of people willing to pay R$4.000 on said console for "status".

I guess Sony picked up on it and did that stupid mark-up. :(

Consoles are getting better and better, but PCs are getting just as good, just twice the speed.. It's a shame that developers like Sony won't switch over to PC gaming instead. Could you imagine running Playstation on your PC? Optimized to PC, so it won't lag like emulators.

And yes, I'm aware of the different architecture.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

well time to buy a pc

You have the same problem in Brazil.

Unless they are Brazillian computer hardware manufactures.