Playstation 4 costs 1,800$ in Brazil

RespawnCake

If you think consoles are expensive in Brazil, then you have no idea what the hardware for a computer costs then

Man, this is so stupid....honestly. Screw consoles, I wouldn't have a problem with them if it weren't for the 12 year old CoD fanboys. Take them out and a quarter of the problem is gone.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why explain it when these guys do a much better job (plus this is where my explanation would come from :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnOjSL2RLwA

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

WHAT THE......These consoles aint even worth the 400 n 500. lolololol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

WHAT THE......These consoles aint even worth the 400 n 500. lolololol

Actually, they are. Both consoles are being sold at a loss. For example, Sony is losing $60 on their PS4. 

COMIC SANS

Actually, they are. Both consoles are being sold at a loss. For example, Sony is losing $60 on their PS4. 

They aint to me

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I feel bad for anyone living in Brazil. I'm sure that importing one or buying one in the states and bringing it back would be significantly cheaper but it's still a hassle nonetheless for Sony gamers in that area.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I thought they were selling the Xbox One for profit?

@TopWargamer

Oh...I may be mistaken then. In all honesty, I wasn't sure about the Xbox One. I just assumed that it was being sold at a loss. 

COMIC SANS

I feel bad for anyone living in Brazil. I'm sure that importing one or buying one in the states and bringing it back would be significantly cheaper but it's still a hassle nonetheless for Sony gamers in that area.

Actually, I have family living in Brazil, the black market in Brazil is huge, and I mean huge. There are markets selling nothing but black market stuff with 100's of stalls with DVD's and Games on them, plus obviously consoles, so yea its not great but not everyone has to pay that price. The main reason for the import tax is to help the local economy, which it actually does tbh as there is a booming film and game industry there but makes it hard to people who want main stream products

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

brazil's tax has always been insane

makes no sense to me

"higher taxes help the economy"

really ?

if the ps4 is 1850 MANY people wont buy it = pointless for the government

instead of that price it at let say 600$

still insane but not THAT insane

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's still a little bit more expensive in Argentina (as we saw from past articles).
The computer hardware here is a complete JOKE. There is not only very limited choices, but the prices are ridiculous.
Over here, companies like Corsair, Fractal, Lian Li, Silverstone, etc, don't exist. And a 7970 now, after all the price slashes, cost almost 700 dollars.

Don't see myself upgrading to a "next gen" console anytime soon. My PC is fairly new with top notch hardware. Maybe in a year or so I might consider it. 

Just USD1850 (R$4000)? That's a bargain! When the PS3 launched here in Brazil, it was priced at R$6000 (about USD2700!!!!!!!!)

For those commenting about PC hardware, it is very expensive too, but the prices have fallen over the last years. With the price of a PS4 you can buy a decent gaming pc with an i5, a cheap z77 or z87 motherboard and something like a 670 and some good quality-but-not-top-performer components.

Many people travel to the Paraguai-Brazil border to buy eletronics and almost every single brazilian that goes to miami comes back with at least 3 huge bags. I'd say in about 2 years the PS4 will cost half of the price now. Wich is still an absurd nonetheless

I'm brazilian, and this was quite a shock, about the Xbox One.... ok.... but the PS4 that offers less being the most expensive?!

Really, past most of my life studying related things, liked economy, but working with customs, and the tax auditor's salary as federal worker is a much better alternative(stability).

I don't have many ideas how they come to this.

The worst part is not seeing this crazy price party, but I saw in another site news, a guy posting BS in the comments and linking to a playstation fanboy site, assuring that even the brazilians don't knows a thing about their economy, trying to justify with somethings that we don't see here often. For me this is really sad, people that aren't even from here trying to justify this, thinking they know too much, the know-it-alls.....

In other hand, PC hardware have more fair price, and the PC games are much cheaper here, via Steam or even the physical copy.

Even with PS360 war, the PC was a much better alternative for quite sometime, better value overall here in Brazil.

The already mentioned "misinformed guy", still try to justify the Sony price by the brazilian's piracy politic fault. I bet he never knew that Brazil are one of the bigger games market, very strong for Capcom, Konami and much others, one of the reasons that you see games now, supporting the 'Portugues (Brasil)' Language, Castlevania LoS for example, don't have this language in the console versions, but it's there for PC now, an "old" title with new features.

(lauching titles: consoles US$40-90 VS US$10-60 PC).

At least, PC games, DVDs and mainly the infamous Blu Ray movies have a fair price. There's no need for alternative ways for this, even importing sometimes are much better case for other overpriced items.

BTW, I don't see that scenario changing too much even when if they starting produce the consoles here(the current gen case).

Just USD1850 (R$4000)? That's a bargain! When the PS3 launched here in Brazil, it was priced at R$6000 (about USD2700!!!!!!!!)

For those commenting about PC hardware, it is very expensive too, but the prices have fallen over the last years. With the price of a PS4 you can buy a decent gaming pc with an i5, a cheap z77 or z87 motherboard and something like a 670 and some good quality-but-not-top-performer components.

Many people travel to the Paraguai-Brazil border to buy eletronics and almost every single brazilian that goes to miami comes back with at least 3 huge bags. I'd say in about 2 years the PS4 will cost half of the price now. Wich is still an absurd nonetheless

True, I think you can grab a gtx 770. Too bad that graphics card' prices here don't reflect the US price.... somethings are inverted...

Is this due to some archaic tarrif law that Brazil has with goods imported from the USA? Thats only way I can see such a price hike.

I'm from Brazil and I'm surprised with the announced price. It really is far off from what we expected, and we had bad expectations to begin with.

Sony said that this outrageous price is caused mostly by taxes. Well, that doesn't add up. Let's do the math:

Dollar to Real Conversion: U$399 * R$2.20 = R$878,00

Brazilian Import Taxes (60%): R$877 + 60% = R$1404,00 (U$649)

Now, just for the heck of it, let's add a 100% profit margin:

R$1404,00 + 100% = R$2806 (U$1297)

That's still R$1193 (U$550) less than the announced price by Sony. The Xbox One is also an imported product and will be sold by half that price, going through the same taxes. 

It's nonsense. It's pure bullshit. Sony is just throwing bad excuses and trying to blame the government while doing that.

build a PC?

Agreed, building a pc will cost alittle more but it will last 3x as long as the system counterpart.

But still singapore pc hardware prices are ok,about 10% higher than in the Usa. Here in Thailand ,prices are also about 10% higher than in usa.But that Brazil prices are just ridiculously insane. PS4 preorder is about 14.000baht here =450$.

Dat car prices lol

http://www.mazda.com.sg/upload/Mazda_Pricelist.pdf Mazda 3 100k $.damn.Why is it so high in singapore?

Here in Thai it's about 30.000$ for a honda accord,toyota camry type of car. Of course,singapore has higher average salary but still it's insanely expensive.

Simple way to control traffic on a small island with 3 million people. Just make buying cars pointless. I just order a cab or take a bus, cars in singapore are really stupid. It takes at most 2 hours on bus to reach anywhere in singapore from any point so buying a car is a stupid waste of money unless you like having the pride of owning one.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

And I tought that the $600-700 will be much, here...

The fact is that Brasil/Brazil is really expensive. The overall thing is taxes from what my friends tell me (pure blood Brazilians, born and raised). They are ridiculous but apparently they work in terms of funding the government.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So will Brazilians be buying consoles from Ebayers ?  I was told by my brother that he could just say you pay the shipping cost and include some of it in an inflated price for the item on Ebay.  How much are Brazilians willing to pay for it there ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

crazymuppet, Xbox one is assembled in Brazil and would have the same price if it was imported.

Bluejay0, our taxes are really insane. To import consoles we have a few taxes/fees: 60% import fees + IPI 50% (related to industrialized products) + a few others. Its impossible to have a decent price.

I dont like console and  because of Sonny i will mount more computers and make more money.  ;)

Taxes, import fees, and conversion rates are a biatch.