HTPC Keyboard/Mouse help?

Hitokiri_Ace
Go to solution Solved by Hitokiri_Ace,

I'm just going to build my own.  Memory foam, square armrests and an upholstered board with a usb hub hidden into it shouldn't be too hard at all.

$200+ for these options is silly.

Anyone have any advice for a couch Keyboard/Mouse setup for gaming? 
Anything like the Razer Turret, but perhaps better?  (The mouse area seems awful small).

Thanks,

Roccat makes a gaming setup like that. It has a nice feeling mechanical keyboard and the area for the mouse is much bigger and makes for a better space. The new Roccat Sova was just released and it looks pretty nice as well. It's not that expensive either. That's what I would recommend. 

Researching that currently.. While I think I'd like the full numpad.. this may be the best thing available.

Though, I'm having problems finding where to actually buy one.  
Their website says, "Currently, we can only deliver to addresses in Germany and Austria."

I'm just going to build my own.  Memory foam, square armrests and an upholstered board with a usb hub hidden into it shouldn't be too hard at all.

8 hours ago, Hitokiri_Ace said:

That's definitely the way to go, I've thought about making one that's more like a lap desk with short legs so it's not resting on your legs hopefully making it a little more stable.

Ya, I started this last night and am mostly finished with the prototyping.

I built a foam cutter with nichrome wire, assorted hardware, and pvc..

I cut up an old memory foam mattress we had laying around (which is a really nice 8 or so inches thick).
Threw those in some pillowcases (these are the armrests), and am going to cut a 1ft x 3ft length of plywood and upholster it for the table surface.

For using crap I had around, I think this is a much better solution.

I'll update with pics and a guide once I actually finish up and decide on what fabric to use, where to mount the usb hub.. etc..

• 2 months later...