Haunted Hardware Ep. 1 - Doom Vulkan Error

On ‎20‎-‎9‎-‎2016 at 8:20 PM, Tim834 said:

Could this be due to variable refresh rates that some laptop monitors have?  Maybe Fraps is taking the reading of the monitor.

Thought the same thing.

Frame-rate counter : *works*
Linus : *TRIGGERED*

nah jokes aside , i really liked the video , eager to see more 

i have an Exelstore J240 40gb IDE drive , very old , but windows 7 boots in less that 20 secs off it , meanwhile an WD800 wich bearly saw any use takes 2 minutes 

and i tried multible WD800´s , they all are slower even tho they have much better specs and much less hours on em than that J240 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

weird

i5-6600k

NZXT Kraken X62
16gb 3000mhz Corsair vengence Ram
Asus strix z270-i
256gb Corsair mp510
2x 1tb Samsung 860 evo
Evga Gtx 1080Ti FTW3
Evga 750BQ
Fractal Design Define Nano S

• 1 year later...

Linus, i was soms MSI tool ... sint of the FPS display of afterburner?!? 

Lol, it was my first guess when i saw the font user.. and there was a short time i had an fps-indicator i didnt turn on as far as i know..

Mine was on the right btw.. but after removing afterburner (and the rivatuner server service) it went the same way as it came, without me hitting a 'switch'...

Later after reinstalling afterburner ... BAM, back... So, after playing with afterburner en rivatuner configs, it was off again...

Logically, it was issue with settings after the setup ran, but settings didnt seem to be retained on reboot or restart of the software. So cold be a build-issue as well.

Most issues like these, arrise because of multiple layers of abstration&runtimes. Soms runtimes or libraries depend on other runtimes and or drivers.

Because of small changes in hardware these things can happen, and can persist over reinstalls

And ever checked the size of a fresh windows install... ;) they are NOT the same size everytime of jou do multiple in a row (but or should be in the sameball park excluding swap & temp-files)