Playstation 4 Pro

Hello. First I want to say that I have never actually owned a console before, so forgive my dumbness. After long thoughts I decided to get a PS4 because I want to play all those exclusives (God of War (since I was 10), Uncharted, The Last of Us and etc.) plus It's been my dream since I was a little kid to own one and the new PC games aren't that great anymore anyway. My question is about the new PS4 Pro. I know it has better hardware, but I want to know what the benefits will be for 1080p gaming, since I don't own 4k TV. More FPS? Better details? Or something else? Because right now, after a few weeks until salary I can buy, now the older PS4 Cuh-1200 with the Uncharted 4 game bundle for $300, or wait for November 10th and get the Pro version. I just don't want to miss out on a good deal, so I am asking you, who are more experienced with the consoles. Plus I don't trust developers and I don't get  hyped anymore.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

2 minutes ago, Demm said:

Hello. First I want to say that I have never actually owned a console before, so forgive my dumbness. After long thoughts I decided to get a PS4 because I want to play all those exclusives (God of War (since I was 10), Uncharted, The Last of Us and etc.) plus It's been my dream since I was a little kid to own one and the new PC games aren't that great anymore anyway. My question is about the new PS4 Pro. I know it has better hardware, but I want to know what the benefits will be for 1080p gaming, since I don't own 4k TV. More FPS? Better details? Or something else? Because right now, after a few weeks until salary I can buy, now the older PS4 Cuh-1200 with the Uncharted 4 game bundle for $300, or wait for November 10th and get the Pro version. I just don't want to miss out on a good deal, so I am asking you, who are more experienced with the consoles. Plus I don't trust developers and I don't get  hyped anymore.

Ok.

The Potato Station 4 Pro will not play games natively at 4K.

It is upscaling, it looks terrible, and it still locked at 30FPS

The hardware is nearly identical

The FPS is identical, no increase of quality at all

HDR is a bunch of bullshit, and it pointless.

DO NOT BUY THE PS4 PRO

Get the Xbox One S.

Smaller, cheaper, and has a 4K blu-ray player, plus better internal hardware

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

So for 1080p the ps4 pro will only give you a slight graphical upgrade while playing but it will not give you anymore fps. The reason for this is because if they would allow high fps on the pro than on the regular then online would not be fair because the fps difference matters. I think this should only apply to multiplayer version however that is not the case. I have the original ps4 and I plan on getting the pro just to have it available when I get 4k.  

8 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Ok.

The Potato Station 4 Pro will not play games natively at 4K.

It is upscaling, it looks terrible, and it still locked at 30FPS

The hardware is nearly identical

The FPS is identical, no increase of quality at all

HDR is a bunch of bullshit, and it pointless.

DO NOT BUY THE PS4 PRO

Get the Xbox One S.

Smaller, cheaper, and has a 4K blu-ray player, plus better internal hardware

1. Actually the 4K upscaling hasn't really been shown to its full potential

2. Developers have not announced whether there will be improvements and there most likely will be in the future in single player games

3. HDR is not "bullshit", I suggest looking at the difference because HDR makes a lot of difference to the picture on a decent TV.

4. Why buy an Xbox One S when Scorpio is literally coming out at the end of next year + everything on Xbox is coming to PC anyway and it does NOT have better internal hardware, the Xbox One S only has an upgraded hard-drive and acoustics.

I don't want Xbox One S, because of the games. As I said I want to play those exclusives, and Xbox just doesn't offer anything that I am interested in.

And If I am not mistaken, the normal PS4 has HDR anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

50 minutes ago, Demm said:

I don't want Xbox One S, because of the games. As I said I want to play those exclusives, and Xbox just doesn't offer anything that I am interested in.

And If I am not mistaken, the normal PS4 has HDR anyway.

Get the PS4 Pro. It's the better console.  Console haters are gonna hate.  That's what this forum fosters -- console hate. 

• 1 month later...

8116ade7_WillyWonkaPS4PRO.png

Um, guys, this thing came out today, right? I know it's a console, but why don't I see any hype for it?

Scalper, no scalping!