[HELP] Plywood vs MDF vs Old used case for scratch pc case build?

So as the titles suggests, should I used MDF or Plywood for a full custom PC case build ?

Or take the other route of using an old used pc case and mod it ?
-Using wood means I can do a 100% custom design, but require more effort of building and gathering material.

- Using an old case means I can skip some building steps and material costs, but I won't get the exact design I want.

So what should I chose ? and if it's wood then what is a better type ? (mostly 1 cm thickness)

7 minutes ago, KnightWumar said:

So as the titles suggests, should I used MDF or Plywood for a full custom PC case build ?

Or take the other route of using an old used pc case and mod it ?
-Using wood means I can do a 100% custom design, but require more effort of building and gathering material.

- Using an old case means I can skip some building steps and material costs, but I won't get the exact design I want.

So what should I chose ? and if it's wood then what is a better type ? (mostly 1 cm thickness)

It depends on what your designing or wanting to do, metal will be a little harder to work with but if you can modify something existing it will always be easier than building it from scratch. As for wood, it depends on how your finishing it or working with it MDF while good weights a ton and will take some time and effort to properly seal before painting more so than plywood/ 

thanks, so I will go for plywood then. (if wood) but the design I want is having the same pc layout except the read I/O will be facing up instead of behind.

so if I was using an old case I would just remove the front pannel and opening windows and installing clear acrylic. so its not gonna be much of a mid in terms of structure.

And back to the wood talk, I want to plaint it black and the interior might be blue. So is using spray paint a dumb idea on plywood or will it work fine ? does it need any primer for wood ?

I am not just asking what to chose but to know some details that would make the work frustrating or some methods that I might do wrong (such as paint and joining etc..)

7 hours ago, KnightWumar said:

thanks, so I will go for plywood then. (if wood) but the design I want is having the same pc layout except the read I/O will be facing up instead of behind.

so if I was using an old case I would just remove the front pannel and opening windows and installing clear acrylic. so its not gonna be much of a mid in terms of structure.

And back to the wood talk, I want to plaint it black and the interior might be blue. So is using spray paint a dumb idea on plywood or will it work fine ? does it need any primer for wood ?

I am not just asking what to chose but to know some details that would make the work frustrating or some methods that I might do wrong (such as paint and joining etc..)

If your painting it you will want to prime before painting and give a light sand between coats as needed. I would recommend to go with a good quality latex or acrylic paint over spray paint however it is possible to use spray paint on wood. 

As for the case design I assume something like this:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2011/02/15/silverstone-fortress-ft03-review/1