I'm in a place where there is constant brown outs and storms.

IAEInferno

Can anyone recommend me a power surge or a UPS one that is good with my pc power consumption? My pc max power consumption is at 500 Watts

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't know much about UPSs but I do know that your system isn't consuming 600W. What are your specs?

my bad i added 6 instead of 5.

Basically what @Arty suggested. If you find yourself without current for long periods of time you'll want the more expensive (and longer lasting) versions.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Basically what @Arty suggested. If you find yourself without current for long periods of time you'll want the more expensive (and longer lasting) versions.

Do I need to replace the batteries or are they Rechargeable just by plugging them in?

4 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

my bad i added 6 instead of 5.

Nonetheless, your system still likely doesn't use that much unless you have SLI 980s and a 6700k, just letting you know ;)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, IAEInferno said:

Do I need to replace the batteries or are they Rechargeable just by plugging them in?

They are rechargeable, otherwise you'd be changing them every time you find yourself without power :P don't expect even the higher end ones to last for more than a few hours before requiring a recharge. Of course they passively recharge even while you are using the computer.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nonetheless, your system still likely doesn't use that much unless you have SLI 980s and a 6700k, just letting you know ;)

I'm just planning on buying something big because I might do SLI, and yes I plan on having something similar to the TDP of the 6700k, which I am waiting for ZEN and kaby benchmarks.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Maybe he has crossfire r9 290Xs /s

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For reference, I have a 660 and a 4770k and when folding it draws ~300 W through my UPS, but that's factoring in the power supply inefficiency, as well as the power consumption of my speakers and display as well, which actually is more than I thought 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

For reference, I have a 660 and a 4770k and when folding it draws ~300 W through my UPS, but that's factoring in the power supply inefficiency, as well as the power consumption of my speakers and display as well, which actually is more than I thought 

That's not a lot considering you have speakers and a monitor plugged in. My system itself with a 970 and 4670k draw about 250W from the wall under load (no OC) xD Factor in my JBL LSR305, those are maybe 20W each (don't really know tbh) and the 20W and 40W for my two monitors and you've still got a pretty efficient system.

2 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

I'm sorry but is nobody else wondering what a brownout is?

It's a brief drop in power delivery to the area OP lives in. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

13 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

I'm sorry but is nobody else wondering what a brownout is?

Current drops due to high loads, shitty infrastructure or other factors that will cause subsonic vibrations that ultimately lead to the brown note some electrical devices to shut down/turn off or otherwise 'glitch out.' I have a power conditioner (not a UPS) and I'll hear it flip some relays or something from time to time when I notice the lights flicker in my house. Typically when it's really windy (hurricane or nor'easter) or heavy thunderstorms. Sometimes my alarm clock will end up reset, but my computer stays on and fine. I'm going to be getting a UPS this winter sometime though.

19 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

That's not a lot considering you have speakers and a monitor plugged in. My system itself with a 970 and 4670k draw about 250W from the wall under load (no OC) xD Factor in my JBL LSR305, those are maybe 20W each (don't really know tbh) and the 20W and 40W for my two monitors and you've still got a pretty efficient system.

Yeah, that's my point :) Just trying to back you up that OP probably doesn't draw as much power as they think

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

27 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah, that's my point :) Just trying to back you up that OP probably doesn't draw as much power as they think

What UPS are you using?

1 hour ago, IAEInferno said:

What UPS are you using?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00429N192/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for $100 CAD :D 

6 hours ago, IAEInferno said:

god no, that would be terrible if it was one time use, they auto recharge.