Kaby Lake 7700K up for pre-order

NumLock21
48 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

It will not. If software evolved at the same pace as hardware, there'd be a chance, however slim.

Look at where their CPU currently are, then look at the Zen leaks and predictions....if that's not the needed leapfrog, then what is?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

58 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Look at where their CPU currently are, then look at the Zen leaks and predictions....if that's not the needed leapfrog, then what is?

It's not a leapfrog. AMD will still be decidedly behind on per-core performance in most areas. Is AMD providing more cores than Intel for the same price? We'll see, but more cores does not mean better automatically. In fact in gaming even with DX 12 it's certainly no guarantee.

So far the only claim that Zen has matched Intel comes from a single sample test of a piece of open-source software demonstrated by AMD under conditions that were easily manipulated and no one can verify. There are way too many ways to manipulate the blender test that don't even require custom code optimization. Dresdenboy's leak of AOTS is much more reasonable and shows AMD is still half a mile behind.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

58 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I'd like to be hopeful but I'd advise for you to not listen to the primary company's tests and to wait for third-party reviews to arrive.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

I'd like to be hopeful but I'd advise for you to not listen to the primary company's tests and to wait for third-party reviews to arrive.

Either way, its got to be significantly better than the current crap that they are manufacturing. 

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

It's not a leapfrog. AMD will still be decidedly behind on per-core performance in most areas. Is AMD providing more cores than Intel for the same price? We'll see, but more cores does not mean better automatically. In fact in gaming even with DX 12 it's certainly no guarantee.

So far the only claim that Zen has matched Intel comes from a single sample test of a piece of open-source software demonstrated by AMD under conditions that were easily manipulated and no one can verify. There are way too many ways to manipulate the blender test that don't even require custom code optimization. Dresdenboy's leak of AOTS is much more reasonable and shows AMD is still half a mile behind.

For AMD it would be a leapfrog (one that shouldn't have been required in the first place)-if it improves at least 40% over Steamroller, any less and it will just be more "meh" from them.

PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Either way, its got to be significantly better than the current crap that they are manufacturing. 

For AMD it would be a leapfrog (one that shouldn't have been required in the first place)-if it improves at least 40% over Steamroller, any less and it will just be more "meh" from them.

I think you and I have different definitions (or contexts) of the word. AMD is not leapfrogging Intel. It's not getting ahead, and I doubt it ever will by a significant margin.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

4 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

I think you and I have different definitions (or contexts) of the word. AMD is not leapfrogging Intel. It's not getting ahead, and I doubt it ever will by a significant margin.

As in over their previous product.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

As in over their previous product.

Well no shit if that's your standard, but it's not enough. I can promise you that.

8 hours ago, Enderman said:

Site wants money, they put a preorder page up for something that will obviously exist some day, and people give them money ahead of time for some stupid reason.

not really

if you look at the site, they have the part number - that means Intel already has the SKUs

they are not "selling" / accepting preorders for vaporware

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

not really

if you look at the site, they have the part number - that means Intel already has the SKUs

they are not "selling" / accepting preorders for vaporware

Obviously it's not vaporware because everyone knows the 7700k will exist. Did I not say that?

"obviously it will exist" therefore they can make preorder money form it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

H110 is a current Skylake chipset locked to DDR4 2133. If Kaby Lake is was to run at DDR4 2400 and somehow the H110 can run at DDR4 2400, this most likely tells us that H110 and B150 can support higher rams all along.

the chipset doesn't have to support anything since the DDR4 controller is in the CPU 

ad8469a37178c5e98c6324c2b7da2e93.jpg

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Obviously it's not vaporware because everyone knows the 7700k will exist. Did I not say that?

"obviously it will exist" therefore they can make preorder money form it.

you are ignoring the fact that before ~10-12 hours ago, no one had the Intel SKU number for this chip

do a google search for CM8067702868535

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

you are ignoring the fact that before ~10-12 hours ago, no one had the Intel SKU number for this chip

do a google search for CM8067702868535

And that matters because........?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

And that matters because........?

because as I said, the site allowing preorders lists this part number and not a generic product name

Just now, zMeul said:

because as I said, the site allowing preorders lists this part number and not a generic product name

Yeah idk why you're telling me this, it's pretty clear the site has put up a preorder page for it, that's what OP is posting about.

Are you trying to get a point across or something? Other than the fact that yes this is a preorder, we all know that already.

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Well no shit if that's your standard, but it's not enough. I can promise you that.

Why do you think I went with a 5930K despite the fact that the 6850K is the latest one (when comparing the two CPU's spec-for-spec, core-for-core)? It's because a) I simply felt the extra premium is not worth my money and b) the extra performance over Haswell-E is not that significant and therefore, I should not get my arms up all for excitement. Because by the end of the day, my 5930K absolutely demolishes whatever I throw at it, and I don't feel like I need to upgrade. I'm still very happy with what I got, not to mention the overclocks on the 5930K are just stellar; 4.7 GHz at 1.284 volts, and it's stable and temps are fine with a 240mm AIO liquid cooler under an OCCT stress test.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

3 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

Why do you think I went with a 5930K despite the fact that the 6850K is the latest one (when comparing the two CPU's spec-for-spec, core-for-core)? It's because a) I simply felt the extra premium is not worth my money and b) the extra performance over Haswell-E is not that significant and therefore, I should not get my arms up all for excitement. Because by the end of the day, my 5930K absolutely demolishes whatever I throw at it, and I don't feel like I need to upgrade. I'm still very happy with what I got, not to mention the overclocks on the 5930K are just stellar; 4.7 GHz at 1.284 volts, and it's stable and temps are fine with a 240mm AIO liquid cooler under an OCCT stress test.

And that's fair! I'm not going to say there isn't a premium on Broadwell parts. It seems to be a recurring theme with 14nm. I'm just saying there's no way in Hell Zen is going to rescue AMD. Maybe Zen+ will with another 10% boost, but I doubt it.

As for that overclock, I'm giving you such a big middle finger. 1.5 volts and my 2600K won't budge past 3.9GHz.

15 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

I'm just saying there's no way in Hell Zen is going to rescue AMD. Maybe Zen+ will with another 10% boost

assuming Intel will be sitting around scratching their balls between Zen and Zen+ - not that didn't happened before, but I doubt they'll make that mistake again

it could happen if Intel going to 10nm doesn't go as planned and AMD's collaboration with GloFo for "7nm" goes 100% butter smooth

Edited by zMeul

7 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

And that's fair! I'm not going to say there isn't a premium on Broadwell parts. It seems to be a recurring theme with 14nm. I'm just saying there's no way in Hell Zen is going to rescue AMD. Maybe Zen+ will with another 10% boost, but I doubt it.

As for that overclock, I'm giving you such a big middle finger. 1.5 volts and my 2600K won't budge past 3.9GHz.

Thanks _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif To me, the extra USD $50-100 (depending on what Haswell-E chip you're comparing against a Broadwell-E chip) isn't worth it. I would have gone ahead with a Broadwell-E i7-6850K if it was the same or just a bit more. I wouldn't have minded. But for others, it may not bother them, which I would reply at that point "Okay, more power to ya. It's your system you're building after all, so pick whatever the hell you want."

For the last part. I laughed. But man too bad you lost the silicon lottery on your 2600K. I fell you because I tried so hard to do 4.7 GHz and it wasn't stable at all, even if I pumped 1.4 volts into the CPU, let alone it was thermal throttling like hell. But I also don't know how I also managed to slam 1,321 CinePoints in CPU rendering in CineBench using what really is an unstable overclock.

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

assuming Intel will be sitting around scratching their balls between Zen and Zen+ - not that didn't happened before, but I doubt they'll make that mistake again

it could happen if Intel going to 10nm doesn't go as planned and AMD's collaboration with GloFo for 7nm goes 100% butter smooth

"7nm"

6 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

Thanks _happy__by_cookiemagik.gif To me, the extra USD $50-100 (depending on what Haswell-E chip you're comparing against a Broadwell-E chip) isn't worth it. I would have gone ahead with a Broadwell-E i7-6850K if it was the same or just a bit more. I wouldn't have minded. But for others, it may not bother them, which I would reply at that point "Okay, more power to ya. It's your system you're building after all, so pick whatever the hell you want."

For the last part. I laughed. But man too bad you lost the silicon lottery on your 2600K. I fell you because I tried so hard to do 4.7 GHz and it wasn't stable at all, even if I pumped 1.4 volts into the CPU, let alone it was thermal throttling like hell. But I also don't know how I also managed to slam 1,321 CinePoints in CPU rendering in CineBench using what really is an unstable overclock.

It's unstable under certain torture tests. Generally, if your system can handle AIDA64 or Intel Burnt Test for 8 hours with a hot CPU, it can handle anything else pretty much forever with a cooler CPU.

9 hours ago, Thony said:

Still waiting for AMD to compete with IVYBRIDGE, it will be few decades before Intel has to actually produce better CPU.

Coffee Lake will be 6 core on the consumer platform.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Coffee Lake will be 6 core on the consumer platform.

BUT DADDY I WANT IT NAOOOOOOW!

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

BUT DADDY I WANT IT NAOOOOOOW!

Patrick, are you drunk? High? Both? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Patrick, are you drunk? High? Both? 

None of the above.

18 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Full H.265 10-bit encode and decode hardware acceleration. Even Nvidia and AMD don't have that yet.

Hmm thats pretty cool.

Thanks for the info :)