Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xasque

Budget Gaming Build?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, xasque said:

i5-6600   -$220

Asrock H110M-i  -$70

Crucial 8GB DDR4  - $37

Gigabyte GTX1060 Windforce OC 3G  - $210

SilverStone ML07  -$70

EVGA 400W   -$30

 

 

How's my build guys? Is it going to work out? Using it for 1080p gaming and some video editing.

Start using PCPartPicker. Also, this build won't work very well at all without a hard drive, and if you do manage to incorporate one, there's a good chance a low-quality power supply like that will blow it anyway.


ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Sahil10416 said:

you should buy a better power supply - 500w & where is the storage drive?

will be using Adata Premier SP550 as for my storage drive. Any recommended PSU?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sahil10416 said:

you should buy a better power supply - 500w & where is the storage drive?

Nonsense. 400 watts is enough for a GTX 1060 and a Core i5 6600. It's the quality of the power supply that matters, not extra wattage.


ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xasque said:

will be using Adata Premier SP550 as for my storage drive. Any recommended PSU?  

What is your maximum budget amount?

 

Do you live in the USA?


Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Corsair Force LE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GAMING Video Card  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $637.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-17 11:35 EDT-0400

This'll sort you out. I believe that Solid-state storage is now cheap enough to invest in high-capacity SSDs rather than a low-capacity SSD+HDD combo. This build also has a much nicer power supply and matches your budget of $637 within a few quarters.


ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Corsair Force LE 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GAMING Video Card  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $637.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-17 11:35 EDT-0400

This'll sort you out. I believe that Solid-state storage is now cheap enough to invest in high-capacity SSDs rather than a low-capacity SSD+HDD combo. This build also has a much nicer power supply and matches your budget of $637 within a few quarters.

I am going for a itx build (as small as possible), its because i am studying aboard :S

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xasque said:

I am going for a itx build (as small as possible), its because i am studying aboard :S

Then swap out the motherboard and case.


ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

What is your maximum budget amount?

 

Do you live in the USA?

Max budget will be $650.

I am currently living in Taiwan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Then swap out the motherboard and case.

I might bringing it with me if there's any event around, so that i can grab and go :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×